DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why the RC-N3?

Droning on and on...

Reactions
I'm truly puzzled. The RC-N2 already does O4, and based on leaks it looks like the upcoming Air 3S will be bundled with the RC2 or the N3. Well, if the RC2 is supported and can do the job, why not the N2?

I'm not aware of any serious hardware defect in the N2 that would lead to a new design. Anyone have some inside info on why we're getting a new controller with the Neo and Air 3?

One reason I can think of would be to enable use of the MC3 without goggles... Sine the system design changed with the MC3 – it now connects to the goggles 3, and all communication with the aircraft is through the Goggles; the MC1/2 connect directly to the drone – supporting VLOS flight with the MC3 would require a new RC for the MC to connect through.

That said, I really doubt that's the reason, nor that MC3 control will be supported without the goggles.

Last edited:
I think its a cheaper version,
Essentially the same as rc-n2 but with cheaper components and thus lower price fitting the neo.

On the other hand the leaks indicate that air 3S will also come with this rc-n3. But even if so dji will make more money by using cheaper components (with same functionality)

Pretty sure they will find a way to tell consumers that its better and not compatible with rc-n2 drones even without reason.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandy23