DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wifi on phone causing interference?

Robollox

Reactions
My first Mavic 2 Pro was happily flying around shooting lovely video around the Cornish coastline, bought it back towards the beach, stopped around 20' out, came up with 'critical error' on the handset accompanied by beeping, hovered 4' approx above the sea for a few seconds, did not respond to the upwards stick, then dropped into the sea.

Then on this forum I read the other day, someone stated that if your mobile phone wireless is on, it can interfere with the RF. I wonder if this caused the fatal error?

Managed to wade in and retrieve the drone, shop changed it without too much hassle.

So now I've turned off the wifi on the phone. I'm now beginning to wonder if it's best to turn off Bluetooth, or set the phone to 'Airplane' mode?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated, as I'm relatively new to all this.

If the wifi caused interference (it probably didn't) the worst that you should expect is that RTH would be initiated (lost signal connection).

You can safely assume having the wifi enabled didn't cause your M2 to land in the water.

4' above the sea, did you have the downward sensors turned on or off?

If the wifi caused interference (it probably didn't) the worst that you should expect is that RTH would be initiated (lost signal connection).

You can safely assume having the wifi enabled didn't cause your M2 to land in the water.
OK, thank you.

4' above the sea, did you have the downward sensors turned on or off?
I had the craft set to 'P' mode, so I'm assuming the sensors were on. I have also read here somewhere that these sensors aren't particularly good at picking up water surfaces, so probably pilot error! I am new to these high end drones after all!
I'm also assuming the log files would've been in the drone, in which case too late, or does the log files get saved to the micro SD card? In which case I'll still have them, as I've still got the original micro SD card, which happens to be a Sandisk Extreme Pro 128gb, which still works OK, (purchased from Jessops, so I know it's not a fake) even though it was submersed in sea water.

I'll take a look on my card tonight, and see if there's any log files dating back to that date.

Thanks for all your replies.

I'm also assuming the log files would've been in the drone, in which case too late, or does the log files get saved to the micro SD card?
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Apologies for the delay, I checked the micro SD card, there were no .dat, or .txt files, only videos, so I'm none the wiser I'm afraid.

Apologies for the delay, I checked the micro SD card, there were no .dat, or .txt files, only videos, so I'm none the wiser I'm afraid.
And that's all you'd expect to find on the SD card.
Post #7 gave details and if you follow the link there, you'll find instructions

OK, sorry about that, as soon as I read 'Phantom' I dismissed it.
I'm on the case now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan