DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Wilderness - Dolly Sods WV (Shot in high wind)

FlyingFilmmaker

Reactions
Site
flyingfilmmakerpro.com

Shot this about 6 weeks ago. Finally got it edited down into a YouTube video.
Wind was pretty high, I don't have any measurements, but some of the time I'd estimate it at 50-60 MPH. Squeezed in a few drone shots when the wind was low enough I felt like I wouldn't lose the drone. ? Pushed it off course a few times even then.

Interesting video , but I did not see any wind in those few shots.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2 in the Rain and Land on the Water
The wind was actually lower in the beginning and ending shots, but it was blowing pretty strongly in the car tracking shots. Just the way the wind comes over the mountain, it can be fairly low wind right at the ground, but way higher up 50 feet.

The wind was actually lower in the beginning and ending shots, but it was blowing pretty strongly in the car tracking shots. Just the way the wind comes over the mountain, it can be fairly low wind right at the ground, but way higher up 50 feet.
Do u know if the Gimbal Flipped up at 50 mph or was it able to hold its center point ?

Do u know if the Gimbal Flipped up at 50 mph or was it able to hold its center point ?
I don't think the wind was 50mph while I was actually in the air, but no, I didn't have any problems with the gimbal.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Dolly Sods is one of my favorite places in the state. Sadly the past few years it has stayed so crowded that some days its impossible to even drive through the road. Cool video, thank you for sharing.

Dolly Sods is one of my favorite places in the state. Sadly the past few years it has stayed so crowded that some days its impossible to even drive through the road. Cool video, thank you for sharing.
Thanks! It can certainly be a bit crowded. It's a lot better if you don't go on the weekend and don't go at peak times (like labor day weekend).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair