DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will it work

DJI Ferrari

Reactions
So I have this light I got from amazon a year ago and it is a 60 LED 1800 luman diving light that to me weighs light as a feather, well ok, not that light obviously but like a coke can light, anyway it weighs 525 grams, now, my question is will it carry it and is it safe to fly with it, I know from exp with my spark and a friends Phantom 4 pro, that the more weight the less the flight time, but I am confused because all the videos I watch on youtube shows fails and successes on same weights. So from personal exp of mavic pro pilots, my question is just will it work and can this be practical? I have provided a pic of what I am trying to or going to use once its here if it works and is practical and safe.

This is the light, just not the seller i got it from

https://www.amazon.com/Orsda-Diving...543892551&sr=8-3&keywords=60+led+diving+light

blueprint-grid-paper.jpg

If you already have the light, why not just try it ? Find a big open field with nobody in it, strap it on and have a go ! The worst that will happen is that it won't take off or that it won't have the power to recover from descents, but I suspect neither will be much problem for a weight that small, though I would take care to mount it near to the center of gravity of the craft so that you don't unduly stress one set of motors.

You may also want to turn of the obstacle avoidance so the downward facing cameras don’t pick up the light as an obstacle. Some landing gear extension may also keep from damaging the light.

At 525 grams that would be 18.5 oz. (28.3 g/oz). Am I figuring wrongly? That would be a lot of weight to add.

I watched a video late last year where a guy was testing the payload capacity of the MP. He was able to take off and hover with a 2 lb milk jug attached.
Hope this helps.
Cheers

Oh wow, 2lb? Well I don't want to compromise the safety of the Mavic, Thank you all for your incite. Based on what you all have told me, I think its better to be safe than sorry so I think I will just downgrade the light to a much lighter model. I am getting it in on the 7th and the last thing I wanna do id put it in harms way. I couldn't afford the car refresh insurance so I will just fly safe without it. Thank you guys again your the best.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka