DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will Mavic 3 Airsense ever be fixed?

ddodell

Reactions
I have seen multiple posts from individuals complaining that AirSense has stopped working since the last 2 firmware upgrades.

I have reached out to DJI and was told that it was working perfectly as it was designed "for my safety."

Since the last upgrades I have had no warnings at all ... zip, nada.

DJI at least acknowledged the GPS issue ... but total silence on the Airsense issue.

I feel frustrated that DJI won't address, or even acknowledge.

Is this speculation, or based on something?
It's consistent to the way DJI has always worked.
The issues with the Mavic 3 are a real problem for them.
It's been four months now and every additional day, makes it seem that it might be beyond their ability to get it working.
You would normally expect it to have been fixed within a month.

They are trying to fix it in the quiet and won't admit to it being broken.
I would assume that the next update will include complete fixes to GPS and AirSense, along with other features and embellishments. Hence the "up to 2 months" for the complete GPS fix. We'll see. The promised January update actually came early in December. Better to under promise and over deliver.

I would assume that the next update will include complete fixes to GPS and AirSense, along with other features and embellishments. Hence the "up to 2 months" for the complete GPS fix. We'll see. The promised January update actually came early in December. Better to under promise and over deliver.
Thats what they are aiming for. So far tests show Airsense detecting aircrafts and displaying correct information in IOS but the audible warning is still not working. Only way i could see the planes was if i open the map. GPS when tested today on cold boot locked 14 sats in 49 seconds.

I would assume that the next update will include complete fixes to GPS and AirSense, along with other features and embellishments. Hence the "up to 2 months" for the complete GPS fix.
Since it's already 4 months since the launch and they still haven't managed to get GPS working properly, it's probably not a good idea to make assumptions about future developments.

Better to under promise and over deliver.
Particularly when your pre-release marketing said:
Mavic 3 comes with a powerful positioning algorithm that improves hovering precision with signals from GPS, GLONASS, and BeiDou satellites.
This enables Mavic 3 to lock onto multiple satellite signals faster than ever.

Since it's already 4 months since the launch and they still haven't managed to get GPS working properly, it's probably not a good idea to make assumptions about future developments.

Particularly when your pre-release marketing said:
Mavic 3 comes with a powerful positioning algorithm that improves hovering precision with signals from GPS, GLONASS, and BeiDou satellites.
This enables Mavic 3 to lock onto multiple satellite signals faster than ever.
I know you are skeptical, and rightly so, after your own experience with the M3.
However, they have enough resources at their disposal, and they actually have accepted responsibility for fixing it (very rare in DJI's history). If it can be fixed, they have got to be closer to it now than before. What I meant was that both problems would likely be resolved at the same time, as they seem to be uniquely related. Time will tell all.

Obviously, the marketing department based their pre-release claims upon DJI's expectations. The hovering precision is there. The lock "faster than ever" is still lacking for some. I'd rather have the former, if I have to choose between them! I only hope the solution isn't to speed up acquistion time at the expense of losing positioning accuracy! Be careful what you ask for!

Obviously, the marketing department based their pre-release claims upon DJI's expectations.
Someone today mentioned waiting 10 mins and still not getting a home point for their recent purchase.
Somewhat less than you have a right to expect for the price.
The hovering precision is there. The lock "faster than ever" is still lacking for some. I'd rather have the former, if I have to choose between them! I only hope the solution isn't to speed up acquistion time at the expense of losing positioning accuracy! Be careful what you ask for!
For my drone shots, I would ask for GPS acquisition times that were equal to every other DJI drone.
My subjects don't wait 2 or 3 or 10 minutes for me to get going.

Someone today mentioned waiting 10 mins and still not getting a home point for their recent purchase.
Somewhat less than you have a right to expect for the price.

For my drone shots, I would ask for GPS acquisition times that were equal to every other DJI drone.
My subjects don't wait 2 or 3 or 10 minutes for me to get going.
No argument. It is clear that the most recent update did not fix it for all. However, there are plenty of workarounds in the interim for anyone still so affected that wants to use them, as I have detailed, until it is truly fixed for all. They all reduce the time to under 2 minutes at most, and replacing the battery after acquiring the HP gives an immediate HP setting to use a 100% battery on for flight.

Why don't you simply use the "immediate deployment" workaround, and just reset the Home Point to the RC location, as soon as you are notified that the HP has been set, while underway? After all, you are the one who came up with it!

I'm really curious about the variance of the items used in the internals that causes a "fix" to not work for everyone. Unless it is software issues across phone/ controller platforms. IE - the many flavors of Android, the multiple versions of iOS, and whatever they are running on the RC Pro.

I'm really curious about the variance of the items used in the internals that causes a "fix" to not work for everyone. Unless it is software issues across phone/ controller platforms. IE - the many flavors of Android, the multiple versions of iOS, and whatever they are running on the RC Pro.
Since FW 0500 AIrsense started to become a hit and miss and in 0600 it just died for most if not all.

You would also have expected DJI not to release a "fix" that didn't "fix" the issues. DJI have *never* underpromised and overdelivered with this product. Precisely the opposite. Who cares if they released an early "update" that obviously didn't work?
And regarding the "2 months" - they aren't "holding back" a fix while developing more features. If they had a GPS fix ready to go, they would release it immediately and add the other features when they are ready. This is a big problem for them, and they already failed publicly at fixing it.
As of this minute, they do not have a fix for the GPS, and you are naive if you think they are holding it back for what- adding RAW to the telephoto lens? You are "assuming" based on wishes. You aren't taking into account the history and evidence of what is in front of you which in making "predictions" is more valid.

You would also have expected DJI not to release a "fix" that didn't "fix" the issues. DJI have *never* underpromised and overdelivered with this product. Precisely the opposite. Who cares if they released an early "update" that obviously didn't work?
And regarding the "2 months" - they aren't "holding back" a fix while developing more features. If they had a GPS fix ready to go, they would release it immediately and add the other features when they are ready. This is a big problem for them, and they already failed publicly at fixing it.
As of this minute, they do not have a fix for the GPS, and you are naive if you think they are holding it back for what- adding RAW to the telephoto lens? You are "assuming" based on wishes. You aren't taking into account the history and evidence of what is in front of you which in making "predictions" is more valid.
The operative words are, "We'll see." Anything else is pure speculation, including your post. Time will tell all.

The issue is obviously very complicated, since DJI still haven't been able to find a fix.
But it has nothing to do with your phone or tablet.
The drone has a GPS receiver and acquires satellite data and records a home point all on its own.
The problem is somewhere in the drone's circuitry, it's firmware programming or a complex interaction of the programming and the hardware.

I have seen multiple posts from individuals complaining that AirSense has stopped working since the last 2 firmware upgrades.

I have reached out to DJI and was told that it was working perfectly as it was designed "for my safety."

Since the last upgrades I have had no warnings at all ... zip, nada.

DJI at least acknowledged the GPS issue ... but total silence on the Airsense issue.

I feel frustrated that DJI won't address, or even acknowledge.
Probably on the Mavic 3S

Probably on the Mavic 3S
More likely on the Mavic 4! 🤣
It's really not of much use, if you are truly flying VLOS!
it's just a marketing gimmick!
You will see and hear any threat long before it becomes a problem, and the real threats like other drones and kites and paramotors and most helicopters won't be broadcasting anything to pick up. It will also produce far more false alarms than useful warnings.
It gives newbies a false sense of confidence, just like OA!

More likely on the Mavic 4! 🤣
It's really not of much use, if you are truly flying VLOS!
it's just a marketing gimmick!
You will see and hear any threat long before it becomes a problem, and the real threats like other drones and kites and paramotors and most helicopters won't be broadcasting anything to pick up. It will also produce far more false alarms than useful warnings.
It gives newbies a false sense of confidence, just like OA!
You have turned into a total shill. It isn’t inappropriate to expect for a feature that’s advertised and paid for, that once worked- to work again.

Reactions: 613_A2S and E.151
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3