DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will mavic pro antenna range extender work with Mini

A video showing how effective parabolic range extenders improves your Wi-Fi connectivity every time. They also improve ocusync transmission systems.
But also, some thoughts on how quiet the drone is and the quality of the camera.
The clip is over thirteen minutes long. If you want to go straight to how effective of the range extenders are, go to 6 min 55 to 7 min 5 sec and 8 min 20 sec to 8 min 50 sec
You are welcome to comment on accuracy and corrections of the times or any part off the video. I did make some silly little mistakes that I did not correct.

Thanks for these Tests! I knew it would make a difference..had one for my Mavic Air and sold it with the drone unfortunately..now i have the mini and need it.. have to order a new one now.

You are welcome Jeytea, Get the cheapest ones you can find, It's one of those bits of tech that expensive ones are no better than the cheap ones, as far as I am aware. Enjoy your smoother flying :)

Follow your advice and ordered the cheapest i could find.. but i am not sure if the shape/design makes not any difference at all..there are a few in flat and wide design, not sure if any one of them ist better or less better regarding the signal improvement.
You are welcome Jeytea, Get the cheapest ones you can find, It's one of those bits of tech that expensive ones are no better than the cheap ones, as far as I am aware. Enjoy your smoother flying :)

As long as the surfaces are smooth I can not see how they can vary in improved signal quality.

1574826842713.png The science behind them is straight forward. No doubt some companies will argue they are the best, but I can not see how as long as they have a coat of flat paint.

thought it could be a problem because the antennas are not in the center on this range extender i ordered..the Others ones with different design seem to have all the antennas in the center

thought it could be a problem because the antennas are not in the center on this range extender i ordered..the Others ones with different design seem to have all the antennas in the center
you are correct to get the full benefit of the parabolic mirror the antenna should be in the center of the reflector thats how it works to concentrate the signal,and why there are different types for different controllers

Has anyone tried this...

And if so will this extend the range and distance on the mavic mini. Surely this must be better than those parabolic reflector mirror ones.

you are correct to get the full benefit of the parabolic mirror the antenna should be in the center of the reflector thats how it works to concentrate the signal,and why there are different types for different controllers
Are you sure? It was only a guess on my Side.. found a Video of dronevalley with exactly the same range extender, this guy says it does not any difference if the antenna position is a little off..suprisingly he classifised this particular one as the best one for the Mavic pro compare to other range extender on the Market..polarpro was also selling them with their Label..

Really dont know If i should send it back and order another one?!

i did not say it wont work what i did say was to get the maximum effect from the parabolic reflector it is best to have the antenna in the center of the reflector if you look at the reflector you will see that the hole or slot for the antenna is in the center

Last edited:
the slot is not in the center on that one, it is a little off..that's why i am asking.

Here is a link to the product

Actually you do want some dispersion or else the beam will be way too narrow to be practical.
Take a car headlight. The bulb is just off the focal point so that there's some widening of the beam.

Reactions: jvalois99
Yeah, that sounds like a good theory..could be true..
Actually you do want some dispersion or else the beam will be way too narrow to be practical.
Take a car headlight. The bulb is just off the focal point so that there's some widening of the beam.

The range extenders for the pro are the same like spark, Mini, Air... :)
I thought this was the Mini and not Mavic Pro 2 LOL..... Limitations guys and plus we might as well get our kids to hold up an old satellite dish for the whole time were flying it hahaha.

I have an excellent idea for range testing.I want a real robust signal for my VLOS flights
Having a problem hooking my phone up to it...
Thought I might suspend myself over the dish.Bonus will be I can heat my lunch while I fly.

Screenshot_20191214-174916_Google.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: edmavic
Mirrors reflect wi-fi a lot. At my work, we occupy 20 floors, we recently did reno and designers implemented a lot of mirror walls into the overall look, to the point it just "broke" wi-fi completely, I had to redesign entire wi-fi network and AP placement. Apparently mirrors have a metallic coating (reflective part) that does not wi-fi through.
That is super interesting! I feel like this is valuable to keep in mind for many situations.

That is super interesting! I feel like this is valuable to keep in mind for many situations.
The bounced signal can also help outside, with multiple tall buildings and reflective exteriors, when flying far enough behind other buildings, that block the direct signal.

Yagi's are better and just as cheap as parabolic,plenty You tube demos.
Noticable improvement.
You can fly without ,as they are rather directional,and just slip on if losing signal..... .2.5 and 5.8 both work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag