DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will you keep your Pro when you get your Pro 2?

PeteS2017

Reactions
The news is in: the UK's Argos catalogue proves that the Mavic Pro is on its way.

So will you keep your Pro when you've bought the Pro 2, or sell it?

Depending on the prices and the features.
What I really want:
1. Improved camera
2. Improved gimbal
3. Range at least the same
4. Battery time at least the same
5. No price increase w.r.t. Mavic Pro, or a minimal price increase.

If they offer me this, I will replace the pro with the Mavic 2 zoom.
My guess is they will increase the pricepoint of the zoom slightly w.r.t. the Mavic Pro (original), and that the Mavic 2 Pro will be quite a bit more expensive than the 2 Zoom.

I will just wait and see when early adopters confirm it's stable and then replace my MPP. No point having two very similar devices.

But I might get an Air2 instead/as well if they fixed it. I returned mine, too noisy and poor WiFi.

It'll be a while before I buy another drone, and it most likely won't be a DJI craft. The NFZ restrictions are a real turn-off for me. Granted, the rest of the tech is usually far ahead of the competition.
Good point. DJI will have to catch-up.

Reactions: SkyNinja
I'm definitely planning on getting the Mavic 2 Pro. I don't know if I'm going to get the Zoom though (not sure I'll need zoom for anything).

Will I keep my Mavic Pro? Sure. I probably won't fly it as often though.

It will be a while before I can justify myself buying another DJI drone, I might try the Anafi for it's HDR capability, but I think I need to update my physical camera first, especially if I want to make the leap from 1080 to 4K in filming.

Well the v2 wont be a physical product that anyone can actually buy for many more months so its a bit premature.
I'll sell my pro though. If the 2 has a camera good enough to make it worth upgrading i see no point in me keeping the then inferior v1.
If the 2 DOESNT have a much better camera i'll keep the original mavic and not bother with a 2.

Reactions: Knoyken
It'll be a while before I buy another drone, and it most likely won't be a DJI craft. The NFZ restrictions are a real turn-off for me. Granted, the rest of the tech is usually far ahead of the competition.
thats why i got the evo,no nfz and when the 1 inch sensor comes out ill likely go that route again
it reeks wasting fly time on nfz crap

How do you like the Evo (compared to the MP)?
honestly im a die hard mavic owner but the evo has opened up a whole new page of flying
on my very first start up i was flying in less than a minute
without rattling other die hard mp owners ill just say im really impressed with the evo in many ways

SELL MY MAVIC PRO ?!?!?!?

I'd sell my wife, kids, and dog first!

(well, maybe not the dog.)

giphy.gif

No rush. The Mavic Pro is still very capable for flying and for images.

My only close shaves have been reversing into foliage, so extra obstacle avoidance would be a plus for me.

Reactions: contactpete
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada