DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wind app

I use the one in my head.
I stick my head out the door, look at tree tops. ;)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

same as Dc watch the trees, used to use a wind strength device ,but discovered it was only good for a reading at ground level which is not where i would be flying,apart from observing trees and the speed of the clouds as they move across the sky,another method to try if you think its a bit marginal,is i take off go up too 20ft and observe how the drone is handling the wind,if it seems ok go up to40ft and so on till i get to 100ft, its best to go up wind at least 30ft from takeoff point before you do this and then you can be sure to get it back,at the end of the day its a judgment call that has to be made from previous experience

This is why I love this forum. The positive and practical knowledge is what I look for as I am going to be flying my Mavic mini outside for the first time. It’s a bit chilly out there at the moment, 1degree C. But it’s going to warm up to 5. That’s a warm day here but a little breezy. We call this a Chinook wind bringing the warm winds over the Rockies. I’m looking forward to a positive experience today.
Wish me luck,
Cheers,

Since your in Canada like me, you should use the Aviation Weather regularly updated and accurate. METAR/TAF give you the actual weather at the nearest airport and the Graphical FA shows you what's going on with the weather around the Province.

Since your in Canada like me, you should use the Aviation Weather regularly updated and accurate. METAR/TAF give you the actual weather at the nearest airport and the Graphical FA shows you what's going on with the weather around the Province.

I am not in Canada, I am in El paso Texas, I use SkyVector.com, I am a Commercial fixed wing Pilot by trade. But thank you anyway

I am not in Canada, I am in El paso Texas, I use SkyVector.com, I am a Commercial fixed wing Pilot by trade. But thank you anyway
I think he was replying to the OP.

I use UAV forecast most of the time, but also use Ok To Fly by AirData and sometimes I’ll check Hover. Also WindCompass is good to.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer