DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WIND + Mavic Pro

swings16

Reactions
Hello All/ I was lucky to get away from NYC for 3 days and part of the reason for going there was being able to FLY...No people to worry about (being hit by a MP losing power or.??)

unseasonably mellow weather...warm temps..very odd for the Catskill mountains area in Upstate NY (150 miles from NYC)

SADLY my MP was bullied by the wind

My first day out was fun...High Flying with the mountains as a backdrop...Soaring and filming all the while

The very next day...TODAY...I was aware of the wind whooping it up but i went for a flight regardless

My MP put up a brave fight but it was smacked around like a Punk !

It got a good old *** WHOOPIN

Later today i took it to a huge open area field...3o/40 acres of grass and small trees and weeds

I used the wind to take a FANTASTIC ride

Zipping by in a flash..doing all the fun stuff i usually do and then i had to bring it home

I cancelled my RTH and i played the wind to my advantage to bring it back

It was Rockin + Rollin straining all the time and taking shots that sent it backwards

At the end of the day today,i was very impressed that it held its position and fought hard to ultimately put a smile on my face

Still loving my MP...have not completely examined the opened box contents of my new EVO...i noticed the WEIGHT of it though

I believe that the EVO will fare better in the wind but my NOT FLYING the EVO yet tells me that i am so very satisfied and happy with my MP !

A wonderful machine that i am really enjoying as i put it through all of its paces

I sometimes wonder about all of the new features of all the various models of the Mavic series...for the time being my budget has no more room to enjoy ALL the Mavic series has to offer

So glad that i got hooked on this wonderful way to explore my world...Through the eyes of my (so far ) FLAWLESS Mavic Pro

Thank you for ALL of the help i received from strangers helping to show the basics to a Newbie like myself...so very appreciated and noted !

Marty/Swings16/NYC

I am planning a trip in Springtime to go to the BlackRock desert (where they hold Burning Man) for this very same reason. Miles and miles of unobstructed flying space and some interesting terrain. Its nice to be out in the open with little chance of others intervening.

Reactions: mnis
flying in windy conditions is at best a calculated risk sometimes you can get away with it no problem, the biggest issue is sudden gusts that can catch you off guard. glad your flight was successful on this occasion

Reactions: swings16
Thank You my friend
The main reason that i took the flight was the fact that it was a HUGE...OPEN space
Giant old Trees on the periphery and not close enough to be a problem
having the backdrop of mountains and skiers zipping down the hills was the hook for me to stay and soar
Had there been tall bush like trees or any other obstacles i would have left
Can't wait to go back...less wind..warmer temps...I'M THERE ! (in my head )

Thanks All

Martin..Swings16

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections