DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Winter in the White Mountains

Awesome video of the NH White Mountains, close to where I live! Thank you for sharing!

Very nice! Happy Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary!!
I really liked the video - Absolute gorgeousness of nature, right there!! Thumbswayup

Happy Anniversary!!
I really liked the video - Absolute gorgeousness of nature, right there!! Thumbswayup

Thanks! Fifteen years seems like a long time but it also went by so fast. While I get up to Whites regularly, my wife hadn't been up in over a year so I was happy to bring her up there. I wished there was even more snow so that we could have busted out the snowshoes but maybe on our next trip.

When were you there? You're lucky to have found a time with fresh snow and calm enough wind to allow drone flying.

I'm in SW NH and so far it's been a snowless winter, just two 2 inch snowfalls, topped with some ice yesterday, so it's not nearly as attractive as it normally is in January.

Your video is well done. What did you use for shooting it, other than the drone?

When were you there? You're lucky to have found a time with fresh snow and calm enough wind to allow drone flying.

I'm in SW NH and so far it's been a snowless winter, just two 2 inch snowfalls, topped with some ice yesterday, so it's not nearly as attractive as it normally is in January.

Your video is well done. What did you use for shooting it, other than the drone?

Thanks much! This was shot on December 29th. The snow level up there was lower than what they usually have this time of year - there were still a few rocks poking through at times. I hear you on the low snow levels - we got four inches at my house here in Rhode Island on Friday. Enjoyed a snowy night in the woods on Saturday then on Sunday it was 40 and rainy - now it's all pretty much gone.

As for my camera, I used a GoPro for pretty much all the other footage save that shot of the marten which I recorded with my phone.

That's awesome, I wasn't sure if you could fly in that area. Nice job

Nice job. the video of the Marten was great. I got some pictures of one that looked just like that one on Mount Tom a couple years ago, I wonder if it's the same one. The shot out of the clouds above mount Tom is great. Well done! Also, aren't the gray Jays great? It's nice to have friendly wildlife every once in a while.

That's awesome, I wasn't sure if you could fly in that area. Nice job

Yep, it was just outside the boundaries of Crawford Notch State Park and well off from the Pemigewasset Wilderness so okay for flying.

I was really excited to see that marten - I haven't had much luck spotting wildlife over the last couple years up there so that was a real treat.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro