DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Winter Quickshots -13C, wind gusts to 38 km/hr

Manuforti

Reactions
I was nervous it might have been too cold but the Air 2S really seemed oblivious to the cold. It has been cold and overcast for so long that I had to get out when the skies cleared. I think the fact that I can now use the controller without gloves and not find it too painful means winter has already gone on for too long.

Quickshot video

Great job with your Quickshot video and nice explanations. I have been out flying too almost daily on these cold days we have been having. Don't have an A2S but will soon be upgrading either to the A2S or the Mavic 3. Right now I'm leaning to the M3 because the specs say it can handle weather to -10C. Nice to see the A2S performed well in -16C.

I always hike to my flying location so the drone is in the cold for awhile before I launch. These past few days I have been launching on the ice on the local lake so it has been cold and most days windy. Yesterday I had to contend with a wind of 39km/h and a wind chill of -21C so I wasn't out long and today although it was sunny and the wind was much calmer, my iPhone died from the cold shortly before I was going to come in for a landing after my second battery. The joys of winter flying!!

Chris

Nice one!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan