DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wishlist? What firmware functions do you want for the MA2

Ability to adjust pitch and roll for drone movement, same as with yaw control. I would like to slow the forward, aft, port and starboard movement just a tad. Gimbal control, fine adjustment is now very nice. My first flights of the day are always a little to heavy with the sticks and it takes a while for me to gain that fine eye-hand motor control. Overall I am very pleased with the MA2 with functionality and design. Very good drone. Thumbswayup Thumbswayup

What's wrong with yaw instead?
Totally different résult.

Let's say you fly above a car and you want your framing in diagonal.
You'll need to tilt down the camera and use pan to get the rotation needed.
Yaw would make the drone fly off axis.

Having the pan control on the gimble would be much easier to get the proper camera orientation.

This is a DJI Fly request. I would like to see more flexibility for displayed units:
  • Altitude: Feet, meters (vertical speed in ft/sec or m / sec accordingly)
  • Distance: Meters, km, miles, nm
  • Speed: m/sec, kmh, mph, knots

. I love this drone I’m having an absolute blast so much so I keep thinking of ways to love it even more. Don’t get me wrong it’s not criticism. Just some things I’d love to add to it. All within the realms of the hardware as far as I can judge.

yeah I wouldn’t mind turning down the volume on the warnings on the craft just for me personally.i also saw a thread of a guy willing to drill into the controller to dull the buzzer. I know that’s going to continue to annoy me, I find the warnings a bit jarring. Having a setting allows for Users to personalise it to their taste. You could even adjust the volume automatically on the drone if it’s located close to the pilot.

What features would you like?

Wanting to improve it doesn’t mean it’s bad. Well not in my eyes. And maybe we might be creative enough to come up with some super features not considered. I won’t most likely, but maybe some of the experienced clever guys might. Going through the forums, there are some seriously smart and informed people here . I am picking up so much here. I’m a pretty experienced RC car racer and really loving this.
Carry some earplugs ...... ?

I'd like them to add the +/- adjustments for contrast, sharpness, and saturation like most of their drones have!! Also, waypoints, tapfly.

Reactions: Lugh65 and volition
waypoints option within flight modes
pitch movement during the POI flight mode, currently it is not possible
VPS height above ground level. very useful for surveying with the drone
slow motion in active track flight mode

Reactions: volition
I have had the drone for over a week now and I have a few little gripes. The drone is fantastic, adding zoom & advanced gimbal settings this week, well that was cool. So what is everyone’s Wishlist. I’ll edit this post as worthy replies come in and are liked enough times,

My Wishlist
1. Route Waypoints (plus ability to import someway from say a txt file)
a. Including hyper lapse waypoint editing & importing (which has the task library already)
2. Volume settings - settings to adjust the volume on warnings & sounds (DJI might need a disclaimer on that one to get through)
3. In hyperlapse waypoint mode (non8k) have zoom settings for each waypoint act like keyframes

User contributions
a. Add exposure control to gimbal wheel as a function @hiflyer201
b. Smart Controller capability @RolandSchlangen
c. Zoom function in quickshots @RolandSchlangen
d. Courselock in normal flight @InvisibleName
e. Camera Pan with the gimbal wheel as function @Bifop
f. Display video/photo settings in auto mode @Ice_2k
g. Max Shutter speed setting @Ice_2k
h. Ultrasonic sound emission as bird deterrent @Rchawks

what do you want within the hardware capabilities for the MA2?
Smart controller compatibility is hands down #1 for me. That digital zoom is super lame and wish I could disable it honestly.

Funny thing, wish I had put together a wish list 5 years ago. It would be just like the Air 2. When I started flying drones in 2010, they were primitive, not very reliable, expensive, and short on air time. So 5 years ago I took a break. This year I bought a Mini followed by the Air 2. As a photographer, I now have a new camera in my bag! So today's wish list isn't so far fetched, and I'm sure many of your wishes will come to fruition. Here are few drones and viewing goggles from my past.

Attachments

• 1025934_10151769441058523_1508310520_o.jpg
    1025934_10151769441058523_1508310520_o.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 23
  • _MG_3088.jpg
    _MG_3088.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 23
  • _MG_3082.jpg
    _MG_3082.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1466 copyknob.jpg
    IMG_1466 copyknob.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 23
  • _MG_3292.jpg
    _MG_3292.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 23
Definitely Waypoints. That should not be a limitation of the processor in the MA2. Also SDK should be released.

Changing the subject for the moment...I wrote to DJI inquiring when DronDeploy and Pix4D might be availalbe on MA2. Here is their reply:

profile_mask2.png

Support
Wed, Aug 12, 3:45 PM (17 hours ago)

to me

Hi Ron,

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate any and all feedback from our valued customers.

Unfortunately, at this time we have not yet released support for the DJI Mavic Air 2. This is still an extremely new drone and we are in the process of performing testing and validating the drone's suitability with our software. While we do not currently offer support for the drone, we will make sure to publish our compatibility once we can make sure it works with the best user experience on our Recommended and Supported Drones support site. Keep an eye on that support document for the latest drones that we support, and feel free to reach back out to us with any other questions that you may have!

We only support iOS systems as of right now. This is mainly because the amount of iOS users heavily out weight the number of Android users (for now). As DroneDeploy becomes more global we could potentially implement more features for Android users. Until then, for the best experience, we do recommend iOS.

You are always welcome and encouraged to post of our Features & Ideas channel within our DroneDeploy Forum. This will give exposure to other users and allow them to vote on the idea. Our product team looks at the features and ideas with the most votes when they in product planning.

Best,
Gentry

Definitely Waypoints. That should not be a limitation of the processor in the MA2. Also SDK should be released.
About SDK, please see my post including an EMail from DJI.

I like the Route Waypoints idea, as well as the editing and importing idea. Pretty sure I had that on my Bebop 2. That was 3 or 4 years ago.

Waypoints like Litchi's
Expo for right stick... or Cinematic mode like M2Z/P
Freedom of choice over h264/265 in any mode.

And a wife sedater, for those times she does not want you out flying....;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman