DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

World's Most Comfortable Chair (short story)

Savon W.

Reactions
I've been working on this project for a few months now. Usually I just make one off videos about trips but this is an attempt to make a more comprehensive narrative.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

brilliant a great video, and it would not have been half as good without the UAV to film it ,the whole thing showed the positives of UAV flying great job

The narrative is compelling and the shots convey the message so well! Nice to see simpler videos that are not dependent on fast cuts and transitions and high paced background music.

Telling a story is paramount. You nailed it. What alot of work went into this .

Great work!

Thank you everyone for your kind words

brilliant a great video, and it would not have been half as good without the UAV to film it ,the whole thing showed the positives of UAV flying great job

Thank you. I agree it wouldn't have been the same if I just had a tripod on a mountain or a few gopro shots.

The narrative is compelling and the shots convey the message so well! Nice to see simpler videos that are not dependent on fast cuts and transitions and high paced background music.

Telling a story is paramount. You nailed it. What alot of work went into this .

Thanks. It's something that I've been thinking of doing for a little while now. I just wasn't sure how to convey it visually

Reactions: old man mavic
Great narrative and amazing locations!

Constructive criticism for a more refined cinematic product:
Consider what frame rates you are using (24fps for more motion blur, unless you purposely wanted sharp images).
Consider using all the same aspect ratio for the photos as the video so it's a seamless canvas.
This might be a greater challenge, but I would've loved to see you sitting in the chair looking into the distance without holding a controller. You would need to either setup pre-programmed waypoints, or use one of DJI's dronie shots. I know that's a ton extra work, but just my thoughts.

Reactions: Savon W.
Interesting vid, very good flying.

Ciao Rob

Very nice views!

Great narrative and amazing locations!

Constructive criticism for a more refined cinematic product:
Consider what frame rates you are using (24fps for more motion blur, unless you purposely wanted sharp images).
Consider using all the same aspect ratio for the photos as the video so it's a seamless canvas.
This might be a greater challenge, but I would've loved to see you sitting in the chair looking into the distance without holding a controller. You would need to either setup pre-programmed waypoints, or use one of DJI's dronie shots. I know that's a ton extra work, but just my thoughts.
Thank you so much for the response.
I should have tried using 24fps
The aspect ratio was an intentional choice but I'm not sure it was right
I did get a few shots using planned flight paths and smart capture mods. Unfortunately none of the shots came out looking as nice as the ones where I was flying manually. I still think getting those types of shots are a good idea but I wasn't well practiced or knowledgeable enough to pull it off this time around.

Reactions: knsaber
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000