DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Worth Fixing? Crashed Mavic Pro

Sorry for the lack of updates, shortly after my last post I did something embarrassingly stupid and burned out one of the motor ESCs.

Starz did follow through with the props, so thanks for that!

For the last month I've been trying to get another drone and when i almost gave up, someone messaged me with a crashed drone, controller and battery. The drone even had its gimbal and camera, but the gimbal was pretty badly damaged.

The new drone took a pretty hard hit, the cooling fan was cracked inside the drone. Annoyingly the all the arms were good except the same one that was broken on the original. My Aliexpress replacement has been in limbo since May 7th. The ESCs on the new drone were good, but the right vision camera was toast.

Long story short, I just finished frankensteining these two drones together, and got a fully functioning drone with no errors except the gimbal/camera.

A few of you mentioned you wouldn't trust a glued arm, I'd like to test this thing out tomorrow, would you trust it just for hovering and some basic movement?

Attachments

• IMG_20200623_224807.jpg
    IMG_20200623_224807.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 47
To test should be fine, but I’ve tried different glues and haven’t found a good one yet. Legs are cheap look on ebay

Happy to report we have lift off!
IMG_20200624_152310.jpg
Everything appears to be working perfectly. Vision sensors, controls etc...
I havent shown my son yet, i wanted to make sure it didnt blow up.
Now that its functional and being in Canada, I registered the Drone yesterday, and got my Basic SRPA Pilot licence.
Ive seen a lot of crashed drone stories, with broken ribbon cables and gimbals, but I havent read many stories about the camera itself. Mine appears to be undamaged, and was wondering if they are generally pretty robust? I might spring for a new gimbal assembly.

I’m not the camera repair expert. Could be just a bad connection. There will be some really small pieces to that puzzle. Maybe some YouTube vids?
Good that it flys for all the effort you’ve put into it!
Thanks for all the updates!

Happy to report we have lift off!
View attachment 105797
Everything appears to be working perfectly. Vision sensors, controls etc...
I havent shown my son yet, i wanted to make sure it didnt blow up.
Now that its functional and being in Canada, I registered the Drone yesterday, and got my Basic SRPA Pilot licence.
Ive seen a lot of crashed drone stories, with broken ribbon cables and gimbals, but I havent read many stories about the camera itself. Mine appears to be undamaged, and was wondering if they are generally pretty robust? I might spring for a new gimbal assembly.

Good job [emoji122][emoji106]

My camera parts from aliexpress came last friday, a new dampening board, camera video cable and gimbal ribbon cable.
IMG_20200710_135347.jpg
It took me a long time to reassemble it, PRO tip dont use hot glue to hold down the gimbal ribbon cable, I think when it shrinks it pulls the connect out of place. It kept working without glue, and the moment i glue it down it stops working.

Here is a screen shot of my first video.
Screenshot_20200714_084416_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
I had not figured out how to adjust the roll at the time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000