DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would any mini user recommend to buy the dronelink

I'd hardly call it a scam - " a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation". There's no intent to deceive you. From comments here, the app works, it's just a matter of how well and that depends on a number of factors. I have it but it's been much too windy to try it so far!

I am really not sure.. have a look to their fb page, till yesterday many “voices” calling MM owners don’t ask so many questions and don’t except dronelink act properly on “cheap” MM. Still there are not official limitations in their site and MM owners pay same money like others with “expensive” drones. If indeed there are undeclared limitations and dronelink don’t provide the usual (for the app) experience is it scam or no? (Don’t know if literally is the right word). To the other side they enjoy to say that they are the firsts who make such an app for MM.

without a time trial edition you can not know if you can fly it with your MM and your current setup. If something says "compatible with MM" means that the system, consists of DJI approved phone, drone and battery, can work with the app. Otherwise you pay 20$ and you have nothing (their answer about hardware specifications to run safely their product is a single "iPhone X").
Please search with Google a couple of video with people flying the DJI MM or try planning flights with the Dronelink web app. And then you can have a strong opinion about Dronelink. And $20 for the app is so cheap because you pay one time and you can forget it...

Please search with Google a couple of video with people flying the DJI MM or try planning flights with the Dronelink web app. And then you can have a strong opinion about Dronelink. And $20 for the app is so cheap because you pay one time and you can forget it...

And 800 euros for a phone which i will not know if I can use it for more than (say) 2 years as there are no any hardware specs or info. I like the concept (it’s open and the web app is very good) but every time a MM owner says “what the heck?” the answer is that it is his fault, the drones fault and (recently) SDK’s fault. If SDK is not capable to serve all dronelink’S services smooth and safely they must inform their customers before buy the product. And don’t advertise it compatible with MM. It’s simple and clear.

And 800 euros for a phone which i will not know if I can use it for more than (say) 2 years as there are no any hardware specs or info. I like the concept (it’s open and the web app is very good) but every time a MM owner says “what the heck?” the answer is that it is his fault, the drones fault and (recently) SDK’s fault. If SDK is not capable to serve all dronelink’S services smooth and safely they must inform their customers before buy the product. And don’t advertise it compatible with MM. It’s simple and clear.
I bought one license, I tried the web app and I made some flight's plan but I don't fly the MM because here, in my holidays place, is a closed area for drones. Very soon I can try the app witn my DJI MM and then we can talk about it...but the web app using with Google Earth is powerful and easy to use it. That's my opinion.

The Mini does everything it was advertised as being able to do by DJI. Like the rest of us, you bought it knowing what it was capable of. It’s all on the DJI web site. They never promised waypoints or missions or active tracking (or even suggested that they may be available later). Third party apps like Dronelink offer features the Mini was never meant to have. You don’t have to buy these apps. However, if you do, for what I think is a very reasonable price they give you a capability that isn’t available through the DJI Fly app. Dronelink is a general purpose app for DJI drones, not just for the Mini, so why would you expect to pay less for your particular drone? What would stop you buying it at a reduced price for the Mini and the using it with another drone?

As to how well it works with particular hardware (phones, tablets), it’s like playing games on a PC. Games may be fully PC-compatible but probably won’t run well unless you have a fast machine. If you want smooth, fast gameplay, you need to have the power. The same seems to apply to Dronelink. Complex, modern, innovative software needs modern, high-performance hardware to get the best from it. I don’t see any evidence of the company deliberately trying to deceive people. Quite the opposite, in fact. They seem to be very helpful and respond quickly to questions and complaints.

Reactions: pescobar61
I'd hardly call it a scam - " a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation". There's no intent to deceive you. From comments here, the app works, it's just a matter of how well and that depends on a number of factors. I have it but it's been much too windy to try it so far!
Also, so far, the smoothness of the POI tracking is the only thing that I know of that might not work well on a given device -- it does work! That might not be a big issue for some, and even so, since you can point the camera wherever you like at the Markers, there's still a heck of a lot you can do with Dronelink missions.

Also, so far, the smoothness of the POI tracking is the only thing that I know of that might not work well on a given device -- it does work! That might not be a big issue for some, and even so, since you can point the camera wherever you like at the Markers, there's still a heck of a lot you can do with Dronelink missions.
we are not speaking for 'a given device" read the title of the original post. We are speaking for Mavic Mini and dronelink the last 3 days did huge money advertizing that it works with mavic mini, if your opinnion and experience is that all is ok, well state it no problem. But allow me if i paid for something to except do the advertized job. And till now it does not. And the support is ... how can i say it? peculiar? Good luck.

we are not speaking for 'a given device" read the title of the original post. We are speaking for Mavic Mini and dronelink the last 3 days did huge money advertizing that it works with mavic mini, if your opinnion and experience is that all is ok, well state it no problem. But allow me if i paid for something to except do the advertized job. And till now it does not. And the support is ... how can i say it? peculiar? Good luck.
We are not hiding anything.

If you don't like it or if it doesn't work well with your device, let us know and you can have a refund - simple as that.

So the only "acceptable" answer to author is "YES!!! buy it! it is doing FANTASTIC job with MM and the support is superb?" Please answer to author not to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nork
Only been playing around with DroneLink using my iPhone XR for the last 2 days, but so far it's definitely worth the $20. First mission (a simple orbit) I ran without using a computer (just did it on the fly using the app on the phone). There's definitely a learning curve (for me anyways) but I'm hoping to be able to use it to make up for some of the Mini's missing features. Since there's no active tracking feature, the next best thing would be to at least have the drone follow a pre-programmed course and then I can follow it (skiing, biking, driving, etc) and get almost the same end result.

Wait, Dronelink missions works with the Mavic Mini? I've been using it only in my M2P.

I'm sorry, but you're not being clear: What "advertized job" does it not do?

Reactions: egoldy
without a time trial edition you can not know if you can fly it with your MM and your current setup. If something says "compatible with MM" means that the system, consists of DJI approved phone, drone and battery, can work with the app. Otherwise you pay 20$ and you have nothing (their answer about hardware specifications to run safely their product is a single "iPhone X").

I'm not sure where you read "iPhone X" only, but DL has a requirements FAQ.

What are the system requirements?

Bottom line, faster processor will run the program better. If you're running an tablet / phone that's over 2 years old, it won't run as well. I personally, wouldn't use a phone/tablet with DL that's over 3-4 years old.

I would recommend to wait! All to new just yet, don't jump on a boat just yet, wait and see where its going! :)

Reactions: PanX
I would recommend to wait! All to new just yet, don't jump on a boat just yet, wait and see where its going! :)

Out of curiosity, wait for what?

It's $20-$25, not $2000.

And if you fly safely and learn to use the software, the risk is minimal. I've been working AP, Litchi, DL, and others for years and only know of a few crashes and issues that were not directly the fault of the pilot (myself included).

Jump on a boat! If you don't like it, hop on another one. The boats are fun and being improved as you're riding them.

I'm sorry, but you're not being clear: What "advertized job" does it not do?
please stop hichjacking the thread and please, if you are a mavic mini owner, answer directly the author's question. This is not a "what is DL" thread, he asks a very specific question to a very specific group of users.

please stop hichjacking the thread and please, if you are a mavic mini owner, answer directly the author's question. This is not a "what is DL" thread, he asks a very specific question to a very specific group of users.
You claimed that Dronelink is a fraud and a scam, implying that it doesn't work on the Mini, but now you can't explain yourself? I did answer the question, saying that what I've tested certainly does work and that I think it's well worth the price, so it's not "hichjacking the thread" to ask you what you mean when you say it doesn't work as advertised. If that's true, I'd like to know myself what doesn't work, but as it is, I don't know what you're talking about, and I'm beginning to suspect that you don't either. :(

Reactions: JamieK
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying