DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would any mini user recommend to buy the dronelink

Please read the link above. "Note: We are temporarily distributing the Android app directly due to a DJI SDK issue. Clicking the Google Play button will prompt you to download and install the APK."

Please read the link above. "Note: We are temporarily distributing the Android app directly due to a DJI SDK issue. Clicking the Google Play button will prompt you to download and install the APK."
Thanks for the reply. I just found that information on your website.

Thanks again!

But another quick question if you don't mind. If I have it on both Android and ios, do I need to pay twice (like some other apps)?

This would be just for a hobbyist account.

Greetings!

To digress a bit, is Dronelink available in the GooglePlay store for the Samsung Galaxy S9+?

I don't seem to be able to find it.

Thanks.

EDIT: I think I found the answer to my own question on the Dronelink web site.

Yea it's really weird you do a search in google play and it gives you back everything but Dronelink, but you click the link on their web site and they give you a install download. But I'm happy to have received it, so far so good.

Reactions: pescobar61
Yea it's really weird you do a search in google play and it gives you back everything but Dronelink, but you click the link on their web site and they give you a install download. But I'm happy to have received it, so far so good.

Thanks for that Hodge. Yup its all a bit complicated. I decided to go with the ios version first (since the iPad Mini is my primary device anyways), registered on their website, clicked to purchase the Hobbyist account ($20) and opted to pay with PayPal. Another complicated process!! After making the payment, I had to send them (Dronelink) an email with my details as well as details of the transaction, and have to wait up to 48 hours for it to be approved by them!

Man, its all a bit strange, the hoops I've had to jump through to get this account and app.

Hopefully it will be worth it!!

Stay safe!!

Thanks for that Hodge. Yup its all a bit complicated. I decided to go with the ios version first (since the iPad Mini is my primary device anyways), registered on their website, clicked to purchase the Hobbyist account ($20) and opted to pay with PayPal. Another complicated process!! After making the payment, I had to send them (Dronelink) an email with my details as well as details of the transaction, and have to wait up to 48 hours for it to be approved by them!

Man, its all a bit strange, the hoops I've had to jump through to get this account and app.

Hopefully it will be worth it!!

Stay safe!!

Since I use a android tablet and phone I did do the android version and paid with a credit card it was a quick simple process.
Now the fun begins, I'm going through the " Dronelink 101" tutorial now. Looking forward to the autonomous control of the MM and being able to focus on the camera use.
Good luck now that you have it.

Reactions: pescobar61
Since I use a android tablet and phone I did do the android version and paid with a credit card it was a quick simple process.
Now the fun begins, I'm going through the " Dronelink 101" tutorial now. Looking forward to the autonomous control of the MM and being able to focus on the camera use.
Good luck now that you have it.
+1

I am considering to buy the dronelink for my mini. But I am not sure that if i could do everything only with my iPhone or do I need to use a computer and down load the prepared motions into the iPhone.

As mentioned previously I paid $20 for Dronelink but was waiting for my young tech friend to help me install it on my 8" Huawei Media Pad M5 Lite. I mention the tablet in case anyone wants to check the spec against their own tablet/phone. Basically the Huawei has 3 Gb of RAM.
The installation was problem free and as expected Dronelink is very similar to Litchi which I also have on my tablet for my M2Z.
Yesterday evening we visited our flying site to test the app. Like Litchi we were able to plan missions at home on the computer. We set up a simple Orbit mission first. Then a more complex Orbit mission followed by a simple Waypoints mission. Without going into too much detail all missions were successfully executed. On hitting the start icon on the tablet the MM took off and carried out the assigned mission returning to home and landing on/near the pad when completed. Both myself and my tech friend were very pleased with the results. For me this opens up a whole new world for the MM.
I think Dronelink is well worth the $20 you have to pay for it. Also it seems to have more features than Litchi which I have yet to explore. Best of all it works with the Mavic Mini.

I bought Dronelink a couple of days ago and I love it! Definitely worth 20$ for the Mini.
It is kind of magical to make a map mission, press "Start mission" and see the drone fly away to do its thing and then safely return home.
Couple of findings:
1) Yes, you need a powerful device: my iPhone7 didn't cut it, so I used my wife's iPad. But the big advantage of using an iPad is that you can make and change missions on-site (as long as you have an internet connection). (A phone screen is a bit small for adjusting missions, although it can be done).
2) Several test flights worked perfectly.
3) I found a minor bug (Low battery warning setting command did not work as expected), reported it to Dronelink and within a couple of hours had an email back that they had done a test mission to check my bug report. Good support!
4)Not related to DL, but maybe interesting for some: For making maps out of the photos I found the site MapMadeEasy. Small maps made for free. Recommended!

I'm new to Mini and more so to Dronelink. Purchased Hobbyist version. Built a simple mission but not flown for real yet. Been watching tutorials and reading. Having been it IT/IS for years I fully anticipate a feature filled product to take a time effort to master, even with all the short cuts. At the club today I tested just flying with the app and it worked great, but there is much familiarization to be done with it, just as DJU Fly app. Then did a quick way point mission on my phone, flew it, and frankly was very impressed. I'll now tweak that mission to refine it for next outing to the club. Phone is Galaxy Note 10. So far this has been a thumbs up experience!

without a time trial edition you can not know if you can fly it with your MM and your current setup. If something says "compatible with MM" means that the system, consists of DJI approved phone, drone and battery, can work with the app. Otherwise you pay 20$ and you have nothing (their answer about hardware specifications to run safely their product is a single "iPhone X").
Seems to work pretty well for me so far. Mavic Mini & Galaxy S8.

I really like dronelink (and have the Hobbyist version for my Mavic Mini).
BUT you have to see very clear upfront, if you have a device that can handle the load.
Please consult this page
If you are an iOS user, please read the list of „legacy devices“ (on the mentioned page) to understand, if your phone is capable to handle dronelink.
I use an iphone 6 at this moment, and it gets overloaded as soon as the plan is a bit more complicated.
Example: flying 15 minutes a straight line of 200 meters to make a Hyperlapse (photo every 2 seconds) overloads my phone on the last 20 meters.
I am about to buy an iphone SE (2020) which should be good enough for it - as soon as I have it I will report here....

I am about to buy an iphone SE (2020) which should be good enough for it - as soon as I have it I will report here....

I’m using the 2020 iPhone SE successfully with Dronelink. Until the iPhone 12 came out it had the fastest CPU available so you shouldn’t have any issues. I’m sure you’ll be happy with it.

Reactions: Emanáku
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive