DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would you fly this route?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeBoy said:
Ah right. I thought you said it was closed due to Covid.
I did. It is.

You described it as a schoolhouse which you then said was closed due to Covid. I made suggestions based on that. Obviously you are not looking for help, just either attention or a troll. It's a national park. You're not allowed to fly there. Period. There's your answer.

I did. It is.

You described it as a schoolhouse which you then said was closed due to Covid. I made suggestions based on that. Obviously you are not looking for help, just either attention or a troll. It's a national park. You're not allowed to fly there. Period. There's your answer.
Flying NPS sites is not that simple though.

It is a 1913 historical schoolhouse that is closed to visitors due to Covid... Clear enough?

Aside from all the aforementioned. I personally wouldn’t attempt it.
Trouble seeing my Mavic Pro at any distance, soon as I look at the screen then back to drone have lost sight of it. Takes awhile to reorientate.
If I can’t get fairly close physically will not try to fly. If I lose it....
My wife has a really strong right hand ?!!!
Could you use a programmed flight path instead.

Aside from all the aforementioned. I personally wouldn’t attempt it.
Trouble seeing my Mavic Pro at any distance, soon as I look at the screen then back to drone have lost sight of it. Takes awhile to reorientate.
If I can’t get fairly close physically will not try to fly. If I lose it....
My wife has a really strong right hand ?!!!
Could you use a programmed flight path instead.
I have to wait for the SDK to be released for litchi support... But this is a great idea.

Yea thats defintely South Florida, same area I live in. Getting authorization to fly down here is a process but very possible however in those areas they are strictly restricted due to natural protected habitats and of course MAC traffic. As a licensed RC pilot i would advise to get proper clearance before the Fish and Wildlife boys get to you, and to avoid laws becoming more difficult for the rest of us to fly down here.

Yea thats defintely South Florida, same area I live in. Getting authorization to fly down here is a process but very possible however in those areas they are strictly restricted due to natural protected habitats and of course MAC traffic. As a licensed RC pilot i would advise to get proper clearance before the Fish and Wildlife boys get to you, and to avoid laws becoming more difficult for the rest of us to fly down here.

I stand corrected, its actually mid east Florida. I am unsure about the exact coordinates I used to look determine the location but I think I found the relevant airspace. And let it be known I am only mentioning laws because OP "has anxitey" about flying so I wonder if proper preflight protocols are being followed.

Reviewing the KittyHawk app, the general airspace (based on the map photos posted in this thread) requires authorization/waiver to fly there, with the ceiling being 0ft to 50ft. See attached screenshots.

Also, whoever mentioned that RV park in the opposite direction....lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-30-04-39-08.png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-04-39-08.png
    417.3 KB · Views: 29
I would go the other direction and check out the RV grass strip. Maybe some other scenery along the way...:cool::cool:

View attachment 106322
That's actually a teeny tiny little air field.

They launch ultralights from there lol.

Appreciate it though. The water treatment about 1 Mile West is a favorite spot of mine. The curvy road makes for cool tracking.

I get waivers for the Jetty there quite a bit lately. 50ft agl in that area if its within the KEVB area. Got great video of a shark with surfers this past sunday. View attachment 106385
uhhhhhhhh....

*sits perched on the edge of my seat*

where's that video?!?!?!!?

uhhhhhhhh....

*sits perched on the edge of my seat*

where's that video?!?!?!!?
still new to uploading. ill try to figure it out later. funny because I didn't even know i had it till i was at home and reviewing everything. I use a smart controller which is pretty bright, but still didn't see it swimming along. Would be great to get about 50ft but I understand why we cant, everything flies low there.

still new to uploading. ill try to figure it out later. funny because I didn't even know i had it till i was at home and reviewing everything. I use a smart controller which is pretty bright, but still didn't see it swimming along. Would be great to get about 50ft but I understand why we cant, everything flies low there.
if you think of it, quote me when you post the video. id love to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman