DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would you still buy a Mavic 2 Pro

I love my little 5.5 CS so much better than using my old iPhone 6. I’d only just bought the CS then about a month later the SC came out..... don’t think the “boss” would let me buy the new controller now.

Yep I went gun ho and bought the 7.85 and mostly used the 5.5... Now the SC is out and neither has seen the light of day since.

Reactions: RogerMav and Porky
Now the SC is out and neither has seen the light of day since.

That is a helluva statement, Lon and obviously, the SC definitely sounds like the way to go. Sure would make things easier but I just can't bring myself to drop six hundred bones on it. Maybe that will change if I get tired of fooling with the 9.7 iPad, Flight Deck mounting and adjustment, hood mounting and adjustment, readjusting Flight Deck so the whole contraption hangs decently from the lanyard, etc., etc. Yeah, I know, are all of us who do this nuts? That Smart Controller is looking even better now that I read what I just typed. <laughing>

After having your M2P for a while would you buy it again? I have the Mavic Pro a and have waited to upgrade to the Mavic 2. Is it as good as expected now that you’ve had it for a while?
Thanks

I like mine so much that I irrationally want a second one. Simply one of the coolest things I have ever owned.

That is a helluva statement, Lon and obviously, the SC definitely sounds like the way to go. Sure would make things easier but I just can't bring myself to drop six hundred bones on it. Maybe that will change if I get tired of fooling with the 9.7 iPad, Flight Deck mounting and adjustment, hood mounting and adjustment, readjusting Flight Deck so the whole contraption hangs decently from the lanyard, etc., etc. Yeah, I know, are all of us who do this nuts? That Smart Controller is looking even better now that I read what I just typed.

Convenience is one of the reasons the I bought the SC. It is Very convenient. It does have a few bugs that future updates hopefully fix....

Reactions: RogerMav
That is a helluva statement, Lon and obviously, the SC definitely sounds like the way to go. Sure would make things easier but I just can't bring myself to drop six hundred bones on it. Maybe that will change if I get tired of fooling with the 9.7 iPad, Flight Deck mounting and adjustment, hood mounting and adjustment, readjusting Flight Deck so the whole contraption hangs decently from the lanyard, etc., etc. Yeah, I know, are all of us who do this nuts? That Smart Controller is looking even better now that I read what I just typed. <laughing>

It's just too convenient and the benefits of the CS' screens just can't beat that. I keep the two CS monitors, the original controller and my extra batteries in my MC Cases case ready to go...they just haven't went anywhere!

I have a trip to Europe coming up and the phrase pops to mind - what did your trip cost - because that's what you stand to lose in some degree if the photography is part of your expectations.
I've been a photographer for decades and until recently worked as a pro. Don't let anyone kid you - capable tools are essential.
I took all my birds out this weekend to get a feel for what was lacking and what was adequate. My MP failed on all counts but portability. My Spark actually passed more of my test than the MP! The JPGs are surprisingly high quality whereas the MP suffers from the watercolor effect on a large portion of shots (yes I have the sharpness set properly - it';s a problem) The Phantom 4 Pro passed all tests except portability and stealth - that think is a very strong flier but a big honker.
So the decision is to trade in the MP - since it's the older one I can sell it to one of the folks that like to mod their birds. But - I need to decide if I need to consolidate my herd and trade in the Phantom 4 Pro as well. The only think the P4P offers (aside from already owning it) is it's a much stronger flier. That counts a lot in wind. But camera wise the MP2 has that 10 bit camera - much better dynamic range which is always an issue in shooting interesting shots with both highlights and shadow detail.

After having your M2P for a while would you buy it again? I have the Mavic Pro a and have waited to upgrade to the Mavic 2. Is it as good as expected now that you’ve had it for a while?
Thanks
I have been using Mavic2 Pro for about 2 months, filming and stills photos in Bermuda,an easy place to fly and find colorful scenes. The fact it uses a 20 mp Hasselblad does not entirely match the expected results for me. As a professional still photog. I am used to 42mp Sony A711 or Nikon 800. The light is great here so little excuse for anything less than great! I would say you would need to shoot alot in manual rather than hope with Auto. Try one if you can . All else with it re; performance and tech is great, reliable and agile. I also use a 7.8" Crystal sky which is great to be able to see all info even in bright sun...that info can be the loss of your drone or the saving !

Yes. I purchased the M2P with the Smart Controller because I got a great deal. I had a 10% off coupon for Best Buy and it only applied to items not on sale. The M2P with the standard controller was on sale for $44 off. By using the 10% off coupon with the M2P woth the Smart Controller it was only $271 more than buying the M2P with the regular controller. For $271 it was worth paying a little extra for.

I also like to shoot video for a friend that is a director. With the Smart Controller I can use the built in screen and he can have an external HDMI monitor to see the same thing and can "call the shots". Without the Smart controller, there is no good way to have two screens.

No I wouldn’t as I am used to what I have and like it.
Might be a great controller but is just not for me.
I won’t even use a phone with mine. iPad 7x9 for me
works just fine.

I bought into DJI-Touchscreen, Android-based tech with the Phantom 4+ RC, and found what most people who do so on any level will: DJI is slow to implement features into them. I want and need 3rd party apps, and although there are now ways to access and install these apps, it is STILL not an Apple-friendly but Android universe.

With the Mavic Pro series I too use an iPad (mine is an old 4 Mini), but the old eyes are ever more far-sighted and difficult to see anything close up with enough clarity (sans glasses) in bright sunlight! I will always need the largest screen real estate feasibl , and I find I really NEED 1000nits or better for my old eyes. With the last Apple X iPhones being available in a larger format and being very bright, this was tempting but 1500.00? DJU may get my money ... again!

I can’t compare against the Mavic Pro as I’ve not owned one. I have a Mavic Air and M2P and whilst they’re both great drones there is no comparison. The M2P is quieter and doesn’t lose signal as the Mavic air does regularly. The real difference is in the camera; especially with stills. The M2P is miles ahead.

Thanks

Yes, I would. I'm very happy with my M2P. I have the standard controller that comes with the fly more combo. Not sure if I would go the extra bucks for the smart controller. I do pretty well with
STDBY.!
......And why I have not pulled the trigger on an upgrade to MP2..

My belief DJI sales on Mavic pro 2
Have gone flat (same units sold 30day)
I will got out on a limb and say with 2-6 weeks DJI will launch
Another -Got to have drone
....Just gut feeling
Reason .?
They shut down the Phantom line 11/18.

there have been no DJI news leaks/ rumors since 01/27/19.

I believe DJI
Is going to Rock the Drone world once again
With a new machine
.......sooner than later
....cR

What the hell could DJI possibly do, to improve on what they already produce? Telepathic control? Retinal implant FPV?

I just flew around my MP1, and I missed being 100% acquainted with my flying skills.
I hope to reach that level of comfort with my MP2 and SC.
Any model of Mavic is a good choice. [emoji6]

Reactions: kendallqn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3