DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would you still buy a Mavic 2 Pro

I will soon possibly be in the market for a new Mavic as my MP and other items have gone missing along with our check in luggage somewhere between Singapore and Manila.
So I’m very interested in owners opinions and sofar you have all answered my questions.
Cheers and thanks for the info.

Reactions: RogerMav
Which iPad holder do you use. I have a Thor for my Mavic 1 and hardly use it!
When I had the regular size iPad I used a holder for my Mavic Pro, but the setup was too cumbersome. I just recently purchased the new iPad Mini and it fits the controller without a holder. It's fits in very snugly. So far it's working great. I turn the brightness all the way up and I have a matte glass screen protector to help with glare.69413

I have owned the MP and sold it for the inspire 1v2 and never look back. I have no interest at all in buying the new Mavic. I’ll just wait to see what they come out with next.

I got the M2P Dec 2018 and have had no problems. But a couple of things to get used to is , its harder to see while flying. Comming from a P3A where the front and rear LEDs are visible from the underside the M2P are not. Where they are located makes them hard to see. I offten turn on the aux landing lights to see it. Another is , im an android user so i dont wont this small RC having to charge my note 8 phone. DJI GO 4 wont let me change that its only written for IOS users. Other than that , PLEASED AND WORTH IT. YES

Last edited:
I have the MP2 Pro and new controller. An excellent combination. Images and video much better than Plat Pro. Go for it.

I regularly fly a MPP and M2P. M2P is better, but I'm not sure it's worth the upgrade cost. I was expecting a much greater improvement in the image quality. Quietness seems about the same. Stability seems the same. Object avoidance is theoretically better (I hope not to test that).

If buying new I'd buy the M2P. If I had a MPP and didn't need another then I'd likely stick with the MPP.

As to SC. I use Litchi and Field Agent quite a bit (actually haven't used GO4 in many months) so it wouldn't work for me. I have an iPad mini that I use with the standard controller with a sun shield and I'm relatively happy with that. I'd love a brighter and less reflective display but I'd not want to be locked in to GO.

Image quality on pictures or video?

I also have a Platinum and the image quality isn't even close to the level of the M2P for stills or video. Every time I fly an M1 I also miss the working autofocus of the M2P.
I regularly fly a MPP and M2P. M2P is better, but I'm not sure it's worth the upgrade cost. I was expecting a much greater improvement in the image quality. Quietness seems about the same. Stability seems the same. Object avoidance is theoretically better (I hope not to test that).

If buying new I'd buy the M2P. If I had a MPP and didn't need another then I'd likely stick with the MPP.

As to SC. I use Litchi and Field Agent quite a bit (actually haven't used GO4 in many months) so it wouldn't work for me. I have an iPad mini that I use with the standard controller with a sun shield and I'm relatively happy with that. I'd love a brighter and less reflective display but I'd not want to be locked in to GO.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60