DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WOW Am I the only member that's stuck with the original Mavic Pro??

Although the list of drones is expanding, the MP was one of the first to enable this...
Thank you. I might try this mod.

I still have mine and plan on keeping it until the legacy period ends in 2022. By then we will be on magic 3 or 4 I’m guessing. It still works perfectly well so why change things

I love my MP which I’ve happily owned since 2018, but I’m thinking of selling it and buying the Mini 2 for it’s portability and getting around registration and ever increasing regulations.

Scored a Mavic Pro late January 2017. It lasted until September 2017 when it developed esc motor issues. DJI replaced it without issue and it now has 1,522 total miles. Really awesome drone.

Thank you. I might try this mod.

Do it, best thing you can do to the MP1.

I'm still flying the MP1, had it just over 2 years I think. Bought the Mini 2 recently and was debating whether I should sell the MP1. Few flights with the Mini 2 and I think I'm definitely keeping the modded MP1.

Too many restrictions on the newer models. I just want stress free flying wherever I go, can count on my MP1 for this.

Reactions: Christianpeso
Hi just got one I know they’re a bit older ,people say they’re pretty good I’m about to find out using it with an iPhone ,I would like to put it on my big screen so others can watch,Iam not new to drones but new to this type, 700 bucks for. The pro after using several cheap ones , I really enjoy it I’m hoping to step up to the zoom to in the spring ,love photography??

Last edited:
Hi just got one I know they’re a bit older ,people say they’re pretty good I’m about to find out using it with an iPhone ,I would like to put it on my big screen so others can watch,Iam not new to drones but new to this type, 700 bucks for. The pro after using several cheap ones , I really enjoy it I’m hoping to step up to the zoom to in the spring ,love photography??

I am watching for the UPS truck as I type these words, for I too have just purchased a used Mavic Pro for $700 from ebay, largely due to the very positive user reviews I saw in this discussion thread. Even if I had the disposable income to lavish on the latest DJI offering with all the bells and whistles, there is something about old, reliable workhorses, that appeals to this shameless miser.

If I can still feel the G-forces when I floor the loud pedal in my 1983 Mercedes 500 SE, then that unassuming old classic will remain my favorite steed, until such time as spare parts become hard to find. I feel the same way about drones. When I take delivery of the inbound Mavic Pro, my lineup will comprise of a Phantom 3 Standard, a Phantom 3 Professional, and the Mavic, until such time as all three birds are truly used up and beyond repair.

Last edited:
MP/MPP is the last DJI UAS you can fully hack and unlock all DJI imposed restrictions on, reason I keep mine and fly weekly. Going on 700+ flights, flew it in 30mph winds gusting to 45 trying to find a buddies dead deer.

Now that is some serious wind fighting prowess. Also, knowing that limitations and restrictions can be, ahem, relaxed with the Mavic Pro, makes me even more of a devotee to this make and model. Can't wait to take delivery of mine.

When I went to this site, I observed that the dates of entry were 2017.

Also bought my PRO in 2017, still flying with this bird, same original software version, hundreds of flights. I love this bird.

Stuck with a Mavic Pro??? It's a great drone for most recreational pilots and can do a lot on a commercial level project even if it doesn't have the greatest camera based on 2020 standards.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54