DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wow! Amazing range, and video reception!

FR4-Pilot

Reactions
So I wasn't expecting to be able to fly like this given the number of trees in my neighborhood.
This was early Sunday morning, while most people were still sleeping.
Had the app set for H 200ft and D 1500ft.
Was expecting to loose signal and have the Mini2 RTH, but it never did!
Amazing!

This is a new level of awesome.

Last edited:
Just an observation: Learn to "eye" your drone. VLOS is not only important, it is a rule. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Galeforce1
Again with the VLOS. I have a feeling, it's just something people have a hard time following. At least the industry hasn't had any mishaps relative to VLOS violations, at least from what I'm aware of. Anyway, I wish, there was a way to be certified for something like "instrument only" flight as they do for manned aircraft. I know our cameras aren't up to the task though. ADS-B receivers get us closer, but not enough for FAA standards. I wonder what other systems would be needed on a drone to fly instrument only. Does anyone one know, what additional information a manned aircraft is receiving when they fly instrument only, that allows them to do so safety without collision risk?

Interesting video, with screen and audio.
I'm puzzled on how you did that, care to explain please?
My Iphone 12 max pro has a screen record feature built into it. It runs in the background recording all video and audio the phone produces. Doesn't record microphone input though. The button is in the lower left corner of the attached image. I circled it. You have to have that feature turned on though. I used this feature in order to get DJI Care Refresh for my Air2S. DJI only requires you to do a screen recording, while you do specific functions they require. You then send them the video, uncut. For the Air2s it was $99 U.S.Iphone Screen Recorder.jpg

Last edited:
I figured I would get a reaction for pointing out rules and safety.

Manned Aircraft: To receive IFR for manned aircraft, You must have logged the following: At least 50 hours of cross-country flight time as pilot in command. At least 10 of these hours must be in airplanes for an instrument-airplane rating. A total of 40 hours of actual or simulated instrument time on the areas of operation listed in 61.65(c)

sUAS: FAA requires a waiver or proper equipment approved by the FAA like the Scout System

Understood. Was just taken by the robustness of the RF link. With the trees full of leaves I was expecting some kind of break up once the mini flew behind them. Curiosity got the best of me as I pushed the distance trying to see where the limit was. Still amazed that the tree canopy layer didn’t affect the RF link. I also fly ‘other’ RC aircraft and experience break up (analog video) when flying behind trees and obstacles even when up close. This OcuSync 2.0 is a different animal for sure …

Yes, I too used the screen capture feature on my iPhone12. Up till last week I was using an iPhone6 but it couldn’t run the app and capture screen without really bogging the phone’s processor. I didn’t like the screen freezes, even if only for a second so I upgraded to the 12 a few days ago. Now I can run the app, screen capture, and take HD video all with airplane mode off and background updates running normally :) without any choking or stuttering.

Last edited:
I figured I would get a reaction for pointing out rules and safety.

Manned Aircraft: To receive IFR for manned aircraft, You must have logged the following: At least 50 hours of cross-country flight time as pilot in command. At least 10 of these hours must be in airplanes for an instrument-airplane rating. A total of 40 hours of actual or simulated instrument time on the areas of operation listed in 61.65(c)

sUAS: FAA requires a waiver or proper equipment approved by the FAA like the Scout System
Well, sometimes it's good to understand how people are perceiving you.

For examply if you're a gun guy on forums it eventually becomes a massive eye-roll to hear someone talk about "booger hook off the bang switch" (finger off trigger).

You're generally talking to people who already know the rules, aren't impressed with your knowledge of and adherence to them, and don't need to be reminded of it constantly.

At some point you just sound like a parrot.

Well, sometimes it's good to understand how people are perceiving you.

For examply if you're a gun guy on forums it eventually becomes a massive eye-roll to hear someone talk about "booger hook off the bang switch" (finger off trigger).

You're generally talking to people who already know the rules, aren't impressed with your knowledge of and adherence to them, and don't need to be reminded of it constantly.

At some point you just sound like a parrot.
Apparently not or some just don't care which leads to more rules and regulations. Thanks for your input though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman