DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wrong altitude

Could be heavy interference in that area. Try moving to another area and trying to fly again.
Regards

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Altitude is sensed barometrically, relative to your take off elevation. GPS reception and interference have no effect on that at all.
Something else I learned today. I had assumed the GPS altitude was factored in. Thanks @Jamesz

Contact DJI ...don't ask them to trouble shoot. Tell them you need a mailer.

My Mini2 shows wild altitudes. 190 meters, where I was maybe on 40 meters? Everything that can be calibrated is calibrated - what's wrong???
Has it always shown the height incorrectly or is this something that's just started?
Does it show the height incorrectly from the start of the flight?
Has the drone been crashed?

Before dealing with DJI, the first thing to do would be to recalibrate the IMU.

Has it always shown the height incorrectly or is this something that's just started?
Does it show the height incorrectly from the start of the flight?
Has the drone been crashed?

Before dealing with DJI, the first thing to do would be to recalibrate the IMU.
No crashes and the problem is the same with two different Mini2 drones, so maybe it's the controller?

I just discovered this past week that the altitude showing on the controller is the altitude above your take off point.... assuming the drone gets a good gps signal before taking off. Another thing I discovered while trying to chase down a fishing boat out on the ocean with my mini 1.... I had a gps glitch on the drone running in sport mode... just happened to catch the red flagged notice on the iPhone screen... and the return to home location.... ie: distance back to me and altitude all changed drastically... I presume to where ever the drone was out over the ocean when it got the new gps signal.... If I had used the return to home option it would have been well over a thousand feet off from where I was.

I can't image how the altitude is determined by barometric pressure for the simple reason that has to be changing around the drone constantly while it is in flight .... but, I'm no engineer and really know just enough about these critters to often get myself in trouble....even though I do have the commercial license to fly here in the U.S.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom