DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Xcode FCC hack still working?

Worked for me

With all software up to date?

I just tried with latest apps and it didn't work. My position was confirmed NYC on my iPhone. I tried restarting the Mavic Air and the WiFi seperatly and I tried both starting the remote and the drone first in different efforts.

If it still works I'd be curious to learn what people with success are doing differently.

With all software up to date?

I just tried with latest apps and it didn't work. My position was confirmed NYC on my iPhone. I tried restarting the Mavic Air and the WiFi seperatly and I tried both starting the remote and the drone first in different efforts.

If it still works I'd be curious to learn what people with success are doing differently.

Latest software and firmware.

I made sure there is no GPS signal on the drone. That’s all I did to make it work.

Latest software and firmware.

I made sure there is no GPS signal on the drone. That’s all I did to make it work.

Good to know. I was two floors below ground in what can be called a cement bunker. I also made sure that there were no outside signals, but alas..

Weird. I struggled in the past to get it working on Android and iOS, now it worked at 1st try. Strange stuff

How does the FCC hack affect RTH? If I set my GPS to New York for instance, will my Air start flying to New York when I press RTH?

The idea is to spoof the GPS and set the Mavic Air to FCC. Then you take your phone out of spoof mode so that it acts as it normally would.

When you then start your drone again, it will want to reset itself (since it realises you're not in FCC land), but you will be presented with a dialogue. Then you press 'cancel' and it should remain in FCC mode.

That is my understanding of it. If this hack relies on your phone being in spoof mode all the time—it's utterly useless. Obviously.

At the same time, I'd be sort of surprised if the drone would still take off, even if you hit cancel and stay in FCC mode. In that situation I would actually expect the drone to say "can't take off until you reset WiFi". If the drone knows it's in Europe and it's operating in FCC mode, it really shouldn't take off. That would probably count as a 'bug' in the software. A very good bug for us, but still....

Reactions: MrFanciful
Just as an additional data point: the trick still works for me, with all the latest software installed (on iOS 11.4).

Thanks for pitching in!

Now I'm curious: when you simulated your location in Xcode, did you also go to a location free from signals (such as a garage), or did you start everything up where the phone and drone has access to mobile/GPS networks?

Is it the phone ONLY who is responsible for determining location or is it a combo? Even if it's not that intuitive, I'm wondering if maybe it's worth a try to see what happens if the phone is spoofed, but the gear is connected to mobile/GPS. I never tried that. I only tried when I had no outside signals.

Now I'm curious: when you simulated your location in Xcode, did you also go to a location free from signals (such as a garage), or did you start everything up where the phone and drone has access to mobile/GPS networks?

I was in my house where I have no GPS signal, but I have cell and wifi reception. Meaning the iPhone knew very well where it was (but via Xcode I tricked it into thinking it was in the US, verified using Apple Maps), but the Mavic Air had no idea (it was showing "OPTI mode" in DJI Go 4).

Is it the phone ONLY who is responsible for determining location or is it a combo? Even if it's not that intuitive, I'm wondering if maybe it's worth a try to see what happens if the phone is spoofed, but the gear is connected to mobile/GPS. I never tried that. I only tried when I had no outside signals.

That's something I wonder myself. It's currently unknown (or at least I didn't find any information about it) if the phone ONLY is responsible for determining location, or whether if the drone has location it will use that instead of the phone's. I guess some experiments are needed, but I'm not sure I want to try... now that I have it working, I don't want to lose it

Hi there,
Anyone knows if this hack still works with the .500 firmware? I am too afraid to update as the range was really poor in CE (less than 500 meters...)

I don’t know about the Xcode hack but spoofing location with an Android device and then going back to an iOS one still works in .500.

Just got back from testing it and got to 1700m before I turned round - would have gone further.

Dont know about Litchi, but after update to DJI Go 4.3.9 the popup telling me to switch Wifi still coming and can be canceled :)

I tried the xcode spoof yesterday with all software updated. Latest DJI Go 4 (4.3.9) and Mavic Air on the newst firmware.
On the first run it did not work but then I put my phone into airplane mode and spoofed again -> et voila "Switch Wifi" Popup showed and I restarted the Air.
To be sure I checked the Channel Overview and it showed me 11 Channels not 13.
Pretty sure Im on FCC now ;)

Reactions: ManuCH
Hi guys. Sorry to resurrect an old thread....got my MA last week (used to have a P3A but sold due to size!).
Does anyone know if the Xcode “fcc hack” still works?

I’m running DJIGo4 v4.3.17

Just wanted to check before downloading Xcode as I’m on iOS and don’t have any android devices available

There hasn't been any firmware updates since the time I ‘hacked’ mine with Xcode so it will still work fine for you.

Reactions: Andy2278
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky