DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Xcode FCC hack still working?

Kimosabe

Reactions
Since the latest update from the iOS DJO GO 4 app, the pop-up asking to switch the wifi settings stopped to appear.

I used Xcode to simulate a GPS location on my iPhone to switch to FCC mode. But now I doubt the Xcode trick will still work if my Air went back to CE Mode, since the pop-ups are not appearing anymore. ronically I don't know how to switch to CE mode now even if I wanted to.

My Mavic Air is still in FCC mode in a CE region, but a fear the end is nigh for my FCC days. I don't dare using the new litchi update when it comes out of beta, since people are reporting it will force the air back to CE mode.

Can anyone confirm if the Mac + Xcode "trick" is still working with the latest DJI GO4 release?

Regards,

Thijs

The new litchi does force back to fcc for me on iOS. Android it's not a problem.

I tried to switch to FCC using xcode with DJI GO 4.2.12 and all new fw on drone and RC. It does notwork, as there was not pop up message for changing wifi..,

Are we moving towards not being able to hack back to FCC mode? My advise to be safe, would be to keep an Android device with a current version of dji go 4 for FCC hack only and make sure not to update to any later version. This is what I will be doing.

I will for sure not be updating dji go 4 beyond version 4.2.8 on my android device!

Hi all,

Editing this message after further testing:

For iOS users: the 4.2.14. still allows the XCode trick and allows to maintain FCC when disconnected from XCode by simply selecting "Cancel" when prompted to reset Wifi settings :).

I was also thinking of something: anyone knows how to get the XCode trick to work as an app on iOS? Following the XCode procedure creates a blank app on my phone that stays there as long as I don't delete it. I am thinking that there must be a way to make this app replicate the XCode trick (maybe with preloaded GPX files), as an own developer app and not one from the App Store. That would allow to spoof the GPS without being connected to a computer, in case of accidental Wifi reset...

Last edited:
Hi all,

For iOS users: I updated to 4.2.14. and that version of the app WILL force back to CE mode. I spoofed my location and switched to FCC. Once I was done spoofing though, I got a message saying my connection settings were being reset to match my location :/.

I am thinking of a potential fix: anyone knows how to get the X-Code trick to work as an app on iOS? Following the X-Code procedure creates a blank app on my phone that stays there as long as I don't delete it. I am thinking that there must be a way to make this app replicate the X-Code trick (maybe with preloaded GPX files), as an own developer app and not one from the App Store. That would seem to be the only way to keep FCC working with the app update that forces CE back.

Bryan,

I tried the update myself last night, and for me the situation returned to the way it was on 4.2.8. The regional settings pop-up returned, including the option to cancel. Your suggestion would be nice, because after using litchi for instance, you would be able to bring back the FCC mode without the use of a laptop. Using the GO app only hawever, you could just keep hitting the cancel button.

Thijs

Bryan,

I tried the update myself last night, and for me the situation returned to the way it was on 4.2.8. The regional settings pop-up returned, including the option to cancel. Your suggestion would be nice, because after using litchi for instance, you would be able to bring back the FCC mode without the use of a laptop. Using the GO app only hawever, you could just keep hitting the cancel button.

Thijs

Same for me!

Hi all,

For iOS users: I updated to 4.2.14. and that version of the app WILL force back to CE mode. I spoofed my location and switched to FCC. Once I was done spoofing though, I got a message saying my connection settings were being reset to match my location :/.

I am thinking of a potential fix: anyone knows how to get the X-Code trick to work as an app on iOS? Following the X-Code procedure creates a blank app on my phone that stays there as long as I don't delete it. I am thinking that there must be a way to make this app replicate the X-Code trick (maybe with preloaded GPX files), as an own developer app and not one from the App Store. That would seem to be the only way to keep FCC working with the app update that forces CE back.

Just got my replacement Mavic Air under the DJI Care Refresh. First I noticed that I have no Wi-Fi channel mode choice (only 2,4 GHz), App version was 4.2.12. The xCode FCC trick also didn't work, my location on map just didn't update despite all other apps showed my fake location. Then I decided to fresh reinstall the DJI Go 4 app. After update my app version bumped to 4.2.14, but FCC trick worked like a charm. I see a popup with "Cancel" button each time I enter camera view.

Just got my replacement Mavic Air under the DJI Care Refresh. First I noticed that I have no Wi-Fi channel mode choice (only 2,4 GHz), App version was 4.2.12. The xCode FCC trick also didn't work, my location on map just didn't update despite all other apps showed my fake location. Then I decided to fresh reinstall the DJI Go 4 app. After update my app version bumped to 4.2.14, but FCC trick worked like a charm. I see a popup with "Cancel" button each time I enter camera view.

The same for me. The option for changing country comes back after updating DJI GO4 to 4.2.14 and firmware to the latest version.

Thanks for the feedback all. It worked for me as well now. I must have missed something in my previous trial, I will update my previous post so as to not confuse people. I had my first flight in FCC yesterday, the difference is just incredible! It literally feels like flying another drone (I live in a suburban area with a few buildings around and that was apparently enough to generate a large amount of interference / signal blocks in CE).

Hello,

After having updated the app to 4.2.16 (Android) it doesn`t seem to work...

New to me was on the first start of the app after install, there were several things to OK, among them allow phone GPS and allow Aicraft GPS. Should I not allow the Aircraft GPS perhaps.

I am trying with Fake GPS app, and I am getting the notifying box where it says that I am in a different region. But nevertheless my choice I still get the CE mode (I`m trying to go to FCC).the GO 4 app doesn`t disconnect from the drone/RC. I am using the cable between phone and RC.

Anyone that could give me some advice?

Darn, I had FCC and my DJI Go on my iPhone X updated overnight to 4.2.20. I don’t REMEMBER failing to click on the Cancel button but somehow I’m back in CE mode with no access to 5.8.

I tried the xCode method to spoof location but that didn’t give me the change mode dialog despite the DJI Go showing me on the map in San Francisco and my drone being indoors with no GPS.

I guess I will have to try sometime with someone’s Android phone (which is how I first managed to get it into FCC).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman