DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

XMAS Present from DJI - Update with goodies

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Few things I have been wishing for just happened !!

The ability to switch between cameras without stopping the Recording.
Auto Track 360 is a fun times. Panos with the 3 x lens.
But the Extra Camera Views is an awesome additon to an amazing drone.. Vision Assist is here

NEW FIRMWARE Update for the DJI Mini 4 Pro and DJI Air 3. DJI FLY 1.12.4 and FIRMWARE 02.00.0232 🎆🎆

CleanShot 2023-12-21 at 13.25.11@2x.jpg

Now we can play with the big boys.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 3 in the Pouring Rain. Land on the Water.

Last edited:
Few things I have been wishing for just happened !!

The ability to switch between cameras without stopping the Recording.
Auto Track 360 is a fun times. Panos with the 3 x lens.
But the Extra Camera Views is an awesome additon to an amazing drone.. Vision Assist is here

NEW FIRMWARE Update for the DJI Mini 4 Pro and DJI Air 3. DJI FLY 1.12.4 and FIRMWARE 02.00.0232 🎆🎆

I still cannot get the update: severs might be swamped.

Now we should be able to play with the big boys.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 3 in the Pouring Rain. Land on the Water.
Could not find anything on this? :rolleyes:

please be aware that if you have more than one battery for your Air 3 then they will all need to be updated

this update, has added a load of the features only found on the Mavic 3 series before, and i am sure it will be well received
all I need now, is for the Air 3 to have its C label recognised here in the UK ,so i can then fly it with my A2 Cof C ,in the same way as my Mini 3 pro ,which will open up a whole load of places where it can be flown ,similar to what the EASA rules allow
that would put the icing on the Christmas cake

please be aware that if you have more than one battery for your Air 3 then they will all need to be updated
I ran the update off of the remote and my phone as normal with my #1 battery installed in the drone. That went as expected. Then I replaced battery #1 with #2 and that took about 5 minutes and updated as expected. Then I tried to update #3. The app said an update was available but when it went to the update screen it said it was finished immediately. Any idea why it would do that?

I just made a brief checkout flight with the new firmware installed in drone, controller, and all batteries. No issues with normal operation.

3X digital zoom on photos is very nice to have. Vision Assist using the sensor cameras in visual mode may be handy. I did not yet test the ActiveShots 360 feature.

Was 7-exposure AEB photos possible earlier?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I just made a brief checkout flight with the new firmware installed in drone, controller, and all batteries. No issues with normal operation.

3X digital zoom on photos is very nice to have. Vision Assist using the sensor cameras in visual mode may be handy. I did not yet test the ActiveShots 360 feature.

Was 7-exposure AEB photos possible earlier?
I think 5 was the limit.

Are they adding new features or really features that previous DJI drones have had and now these two models are catching up?

Mentioned this in another thread already, but this is also huge for RC 2 users.

• Added support for saving screenshots and recordings on any microSD card installed in the remote controller, increasing ease of export. Enter the Home page of DJI Fly, tap Profile > Settings > Storage, and set SD Card as the storage location.
  • Fixed some known issues.

Finally some use, other than a spare slot, for the microsd in the controller.

Are they adding new features or really features that previous DJI drones have had and now these two models are catching up?
There's a list in post #8. The digital zoom feature for photos had been notably missing.

There are some new things, not just catching up the Mavic 3. ActiveShots 360 is new, available only on the Mini 4 Pro and Air 3.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas