DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yellow tab on inside top of gimbal?

mavichopefuldos

Reactions
Is this normal? Pic attached. Should i try to remove it? I think its similar to the protective plastic liners on remote and different parts of Mavic chasis. Thx

Attachments

• 1482093869520668205738.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 502
Reactions: ksull72487
Is this normal? Pic attached. Should i try to remove it? I think its similar to the protective plastic liners on remote and different parts of Mavic chasis. Thx
Yes, remove it.

This question about the yellow tab goes both ways on what to do with it.
Some prefer to remove and some don't. Many who choose to remove state that is a bit difficult as it is stuck on very well. Be sure to take care and support the gimbal while removing as if you pull to hard can cause damage to the data cables above. For most though, state that it does not interfere the with operation of the gimbal and therefor leave it on.
Strictly your choice.

Just got my Mavic yesterday and was wondering the same thing...wtf is that?...thanks

I'm guessing it is a tab to help in the installation of the gimbal/camera system at the manufacturing plant. I carefully removed all of it just because I thought it would impart a fraction of a fraction of motor imbalance. In turn overworkng the fragile gimbal and thus draining my battery prematurely. That was my thought, I know not why I do, I just do and know later.

PS: Later, I thought that maybe it's a Flag to draw the pilot's attention to the Gimbal Clamp, so we don't forget to remove it...

Last edited:
Reactions: Chickenskat
75919a45bc84cdba3457eb7ecdfbd199.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using MavicPilots mobile app

That's right. You will scratch the top of the gimbal. It's there to prevent scoring etc. Leave it on.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I need to link in more youtube videos. Mr. Homer found out about that problem about a month ago.
If you remove that plastic liner the gimbal top gets scratched up, but it does not harm the operation. I followed his advice and left mine on expecting the plastic liner might get scared and eventually peel away but so far it looks perfect.

Reactions: cmarkbrown
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98