DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yellowstone

Infotraker

Reactions
Has anyone taken any videos just outside the park ? We are going from the Tetons to s. Entrance and the out the west entrance.

You won't find any thermal features within flying distance of either entrance and I would not recommend flying over anyway. Trees tend to suck up your signal so you won't get great range and there is a small air strip right outside of the west entrance. Also, if it were to go down, retrieval would be very difficult due the heavy timber and inaccessibility to most areas by foot. You can look it over via the satellite view of Google Maps (or Google Earth for different perspectives).

Has anyone taken any videos just outside the park ? We are going from the Tetons to s. Entrance and the out the west entrance.
Hey, don't know how things currently are with the feds. But don't fly your drone inside the park, as it's illegal. There's been cases where they've taken the equipment associated with the drone. Tickets also. I lived outside for 40 yrs, you can fly all you want most places. Just remember private property owners can be very rude. The more money they have the worse they are most times.

Get all season tires n even some tire chains, weather conditions change very fast around YellowStone. Have fun,,,

Study the sectionals, that area is nothing but hundreds of thousands of square miles worth of wilderness areas; which are NFZs for UAS pilots. Having been there many times, there's no shortage of beautiful areas you could fly and film legally. That being said, I don't agree with the restrictions put on consumer UAS pilots with regards to Wilderness Areas, the reasons they list are totally bogus. If you do take a "risk" know the consequence, they confiscate and fine an offender.

Check out recent post on flying in Wyoming.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman