DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yes, I sadly lost my mavic. Any ideas?

Flush it with clean water before drying to remove any sediment. Remember also to flush the motors.

I also read somewhere to rinse with alcohol because it will displace the water and leave no impurities. It is definitely worth an internet search for the proper way to clean and dry electronics.

Flush it with clean water before drying to remove any sediment. Remember also to flush the motors.

I also read somewhere to rinse with alcohol because it will displace the water and leave no impurities. It is definitely worth an internet search for the proper way to clean and dry electronics.
Ok. I wondered about this. It's already drying out. Seems crazy to wet it again but do you think this would be sensible?

Ok. I wondered about this. It's already drying out. Seems crazy to wet it again but do you think this would be sensible?

Might want to put it in a sealed container covered with dry rice for a few days to draw out the moisture (this is a real thing for electronics).

Reactions: Opabob
you either wash it with demineralised water, or alcohol. I still think you need someone to open it up and check. It might be caked with fine silt inside, in the cooling fan and in the motors. It's still risky to just wait for it to dry and try to fly it. You might cause further damage.

Reactions: ksmusa
Here is a video about how to dry
You won't damage it any more with a clean wash. The danger is if silt or mineral deposits are allowed to dry in place. They could cause corrosion or an electrical short. After a water wash then flush with alcohol to displace the water. Don't forget the motors.

Do a search for details on the type of water and alcohol to use.

Reactions: ksmusa
Ok, i flushed out my mavic with 100% alcohol and am just being patient giving it some good drying time before the moment of truth. I don't hold out much hope.
I finally got the video fixed and it was pretty much in the centre of the River Thames that it landed. A miracle that someone found it.
I wonder what my options are.
Can I buy a bird without controller here in the UK?
I suppose I could sell my controller.
Or I could get a new kit and upgrade one controller to a range extender, so that I feel I have had an upgrade in the whole process.

I would be surprised if there was no water intrusion inside the camera. I guess you will find out soon enough. Not certain about the UK but I would be surprised if you could not buy the Mavic separately. If you do get a complete kit, your original controller could be used as a secondary controller so one can concentrate on the camera while another flys. I have not tried it but a short video is here:

I was thinking, reading these comments, that perhaps the MP would not respond to stick movements due to it being in a position where the sensors were telling it that there was an obstacle…. but if you tried all directions then that wouldn’t be the answer. I have no experience of flying with Litchi having made the conscious decision not to buy after reading other peoples experiences. I fly with DJI Go 4 and have not had any problems. I was a bit concerned to hear that the OP did not update his MP - this may have resulted in the problem. I have kept updated and have had no issues with any of the updates.

I was thinking, reading these comments, that perhaps the MP would not respond to stick movements due to it being in a position where the sensors were telling it that there was an obstacle…. but if you tried all directions then that wouldn’t be the answer. I have no experience of flying with Litchi having made the conscious decision not to buy after reading other peoples experiences. I fly with DJI Go 4 and have not had any problems. I was a bit concerned to hear that the OP did not update his MP - this may have resulted in the problem. I have kept updated and have had no issues with any of the updates.

Litchi is fine. Every problem with a Litchi mission that I've seen both here and on PhantomPilots has been the result of poor flight planning.

Stating the obvious but what you did was also completely illegal and against several rules in the UK.
You've violated the air navigation act amongst other things - probably not best to advertise that on a public forum since the CAA and others actively go after people highlighting their own breaches on YouTube etc.

back to why this happened and the apparent conflict between litchi and go4 in the controller.
I've got my old phone samsungS5 back and using that with djigo4. all worked fine yesterday.
with my newer phone SamsungS7 I went into settings and apps found go4 and chose "force stop" and closed "set as default". then I launched litchi on a mission.
as before, and as the OP experienced, during the course of the mission I got disconnected (and reconnected) several times. I just ignored the disconnections and the mavic flew back to me as the mission completed. it even disconnected and reconnected again as it was landing!

that taught me it's scary but the missions get completed by litchi.

however djigo4 seemed to be popping back. it had reset itself as default.

so now I've completely uninstalled djigo4 and next I will try using litchi on the Samsung s7 with no djigo4 anywhere on the phone - ie completely removed. if I I get no disconnects that will explain the problem......djigo4 tries to over rule litchi all the time.

Reactions: Simmo
Just a quick thought, where was the sun while you were flying? low in the sky or high? In the east or west?
I just lost my Mavic Pro in a forested gully late in the afternoon ..Heading straight into the Sun low in the sky on return and RTH was not responding??? Does the sun have an effect? I need to do a lot of rugged terrain walking in the morning ...Hopefully to find the Bird.

Last edited:
back to why this happened and the apparent conflict between litchi and go4 in the controller.
I've got my old phone samsungS5 back and using that with djigo4. all worked fine yesterday.
with my newer phone SamsungS7 I went into settings and apps found go4 and chose "force stop" and closed "set as default". then I launched litchi on a mission.
as before, and as the OP experienced, during the course of the mission I got disconnected (and reconnected) several times. I just ignored the disconnections and the mavic flew back to me as the mission completed. it even disconnected and reconnected again as it was landing!

that taught me it's scary but the missions get completed by litchi.

however djigo4 seemed to be popping back. it had reset itself as default.

so now I've completely uninstalled djigo4 and next I will try using litchi on the Samsung s7 with no djigo4 anywhere on the phone - ie completely removed. if I I get no disconnects that will explain the problem......djigo4 tries to over rule litchi all the time.
You do not need to uninstall Go4 on your device. You can use the app "BK Manager" which allows you to fully disable any app on your device as if it was not even installed. You can even set a widget to any app so its just a tap to disable or enable.
I use it to disable Go4 so I can use litchi or DroneHarmony on my S5 which is the worst for having two apps at same time and it works a treat.

I just lost my Mavic Pro in a forested gully late in the afternoon ..Heading straight into the Sun low in the sky on return and RTH was not responding??? Does the sun have an effect?
The Mavic sometimes detects the sun light as an obstacle. That could have prevented it from returning home. If the downlink was still connected, you could upload your TXT flight log here to figure out what happened.

Ok
So believe it or not, it starts up now. Does the gimbal dance. The motors start up ok.
No video feed though. So I can only guess the camera is Kaput. I don't think I have the time and skills to replace that and wonder if I would be too paranoid about it falling out of the sky with the history it has,
Maybe I can get something for it on ebay for spares/parts.....

Sad to hear you’re loss[emoji20] I bought a dog locator made by Marco Polo, it has a two mile range, the transmitter is small and I Velcro it to the top of Mavic, you may want to think of getting in the future.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky