DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yet Another Best Buy let down: I had the Mini 2 in my hands!

crash3x

Reactions
So after reading posts and watching a few YouTube videos, I went to two Best Buys in New York, found one, actually two, sitting in a locked display case. I went and found a sales woman, said I would to but that drone, she took it out, handed me the box/Mini2 fly more combo, I went to pay and as others have mentioned this is where it all went wrong! She kept scanning it, manual input the upc code and nothing! It would not ring up! Asked her to get a supervisor, spoke with him, after polity going back and forth with him for about 20 minutes, long story short, I sadly left without it! Bottom line is it won't be in their system/for sale till the release date.

ALL spec's that have been mentioned are correct, ocu-sync, new remote style, 4K, slightly better wind resistance etc. I read it myself while I was tightly gripping the box praying the sale would go through lol.

What a let down......

Funny. Probably Best Buy is just fishing for customers knowing that you will tell the world that they have them and boost their sales when the sale date appears.

Reactions: colorado kid
So after reading posts and watching a few YouTube videos, I went to two Best Buys in New York, found one, actually two, sitting in a locked display case. I went and found a sales woman, said I would to but that drone, she took it out, handed me the box/Mini2 fly more combo, I went to pay and as others have mentioned this is where it all went wrong! She kept scanning it, manual input the upc code and nothing! It would not ring up! Asked her to get a supervisor, spoke with him, after polity going back and forth with him for about 20 minutes, long story short, I sadly left without it! Bottom line is it won't be in their system/for sale till the release date.

ALL spec's that have been mentioned are correct, ocu-sync, new remote style, 4K, slightly better wind resistance etc. I read it myself while I was tightly gripping the box praying the sale would go through lol.

What a let down......

hey what were they priced at

Reactions: Berteddie
Funny. Probably Best Buy is just fishing for customers knowing that you will tell the world that they have them and boost their sales when the sale date appears.
I'm sure there's a marketing scheme behind it. One of my fist questions was why are they out on display if they are not for sale? No logical answer from the supervisor, they were "probably" put out by mistake he claimed. Drumming up business like you mentioned....

I considered hitting up my Best Buy the day that the guy got it, but i was like “nah, I’ll pop in tomorrow, I’m kinda tired...” if i wouldn’t have waited i probably could have scored one.

Were you at least able to, ummm, "reserve" it? ?
Nope, I asked & offered to leave my c/c info to hold it and I’ll pick it up on on the 4th when it supposedly goes on sale and he said no! So frustrating to have it in hand and not be able to purchase it!
Hopefully I’ll get lucky & be able to get it on the release date ??

So close! You could have bought it and had it ready to go when they opened up the app so that you would be able to fly it on the 4th or 5th of November.
I may just wait for all of the actual reviews of this drone after people fly it before I buy it

How does he go thru showing settings with "Air craft not connected" ?

I'm thinking he just opened DJI Fly while not connected and selected "Mavic Air 2", and he's actually showing us the options for the Mavic Air 2.

DJI Fly hasn't been updated for the Mini 2 yet so there's no way to see options for that drone.

What a let down......

Your experience is strikingly similiar to mines the very first time I was in Best Buy shopping for a Mavic Mini. Unbeknownst to me, I was a few days early to the official release date.
The associate tried scanning the box a few times and nothing, even called the Supervisor. I left that day without a Mini, bummer. In the end I returned 2 days later and was there as soon as they opened and picked up mine.

Consumerism is funny at times.

So close! You could have bought it and had it ready to go when they opened up the app so that you would be able to fly it on the 4th or 5th of November.
I may just wait for all of the actual reviews of this drone after people fly it before I buy it
It was like taking candy from a baby lol :-(

My main drone is the MA2, which for me it absolutely perfect for my use, BUT I really like the MM for the fun factor and pop it out anywhere with no worries feeling. The MM2 seems to fix the very few complaints I had, ocu sync & 4k, added bonus is the new remote style and allegedly better wind resistance. Hopefully I'll get lucky and and be able to get one on the release date or soon there after. I don't think there will be a mad rush on them as the original MM is still pretty "new" and I'm sure they'll cut the price to make the original MM more attractive.

It was like taking candy from a baby lol :-(

My main drone is the MA2, which for me it absolutely perfect for my use, BUT I really like the MM for the fun factor and pop it out anywhere with no worries feeling. The MM2 seems to fix the very few complaints I had, ocu sync & 4k, added bonus is the new remote style and allegedly better wind resistance. Hopefully I'll get lucky and and be able to get one on the release date or soon there after. I don't think there will be a mad rush on them as the original MM is still pretty "new" and I'm sure they'll cut the price to make the original MM more attractive.
Yeah, I used to have an MA2 and it was perfect and left absolutely nothing to be desired for me. But given where I live in the Midwest that doesn’t have the most beautiful scenery, it was overkill, so I couldn’t justify the price and sold it. So enter the Mini 2 for me!

What a let down......
U do realize if they sold it to you they would get fired....is that worth it for not being able to wait 5 days?

• Haha
Reactions: Ex Coelis
Yeah, I used to have an MA2 and it was perfect and left absolutely nothing to be desired for me. But given where I live in the Midwest that doesn’t have the most beautiful scenery, it was overkill, so I couldn’t justify the price and sold it. So enter the Mini 2 for me!
I totally understand, I think the MA2 will probably be my last big drone purchase for the next few years, or it’s predecessor down the road. It’s a lil overkill for me as well but it sure is an amazing drone. especially for those windy days or loooong haul shots!
If the MM series keeps heading in the direction it appears to be it’ll probably be the only one I’ll keep upgrading regularly.

U do realize if they sold it to you they would get fired....is that worth it for not being able to wait 5 days?
Agreed, that’s why I asked and wasn’t pushy and obnoxious about it, not looking to cause anyone there job! I’m eagerly waiting, it’ll be that much sweeter when I finally get my hands on one for keeps✔️

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC