DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yet another Mavic knockoff

You owe it to yourself to watch the promo video:

Some classic Engrish!
Your video led me to this link. Interesting.
The good, the bad, & the ugly.

Last edited:
Your video led me to this link. Interesting.
The good, the bad, & the ugly.
I saw the bad and the ugly, but apparently missed the good part. Seeing things like this, I'm glad I shelled out the extra money for the Mavic Pro. If the spark is anything like the Mavic, it's a better deal than this. Jello video and being forced to take off in a non GPS mode isn't a good thing. Lots of other deficiencies. My RPi zero has a better SD card socket.

I saw the bad and the ugly, but apparently missed the good part. Seeing things like this, I'm glad I shelled out the extra money for the Mavic Pro. If the spark is anything like the Mavic, it's a better deal than this. Jello video and being forced to take off in a non GPS mode isn't a good thing. Lots of other deficiencies. My RPi zero has a better SD card socket.
I agree, & it looks like the Spark may even have better range.
With the simple, common, upfront electronic components like the SD card socket & power switch being inferior, I assume the other components are also substandard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Afremont
I agree, & it looks like the Spark may even have better range.
Maybe it was windy, but even the landing in the promo video shows a lack of stability. I'm guessing it just doesn't have downward looking cameras or ultrasonic ranging on the bottom. The phone on top seems okay, but it's in the near field of the antennas there. A metal backed phone would detune them and block the signal overhead. Maybe they depend on that to pass FCC RF exposure tests. ;) I'm spoiled with the smoothness of the Mavic.

Reactions: KentA
Off the subject but, any of you recommend a cheapy, indoor mini drone for my youngest son.
There are just so many i thought I'd ask for your thoughts
Blade nano qx FPV, Blade inductrix FPV, or for REALLY cheap - Syma X5. Blade makes very good, very durable products. You can get the non FPV versions of the Blades that are a lot less money but they’re just quadcopters without camera. Make sure to get the RTF versions!

that a drone one wished WOULD fly away

The one with altitude hold.

Have you considered the Spark? Not really cheap, until compared to the Mavic. My wife loves her Spark. Uses it indoors all the time. Even doing some wedding and reunion photography.

It maybe a worthy investment with no DJI updates. That turns your A/C from a great flying platform to a headache.

It looks bloody awful and I suspect it flys like a brick.

It doesn’t take much to build your own clone from the components available on the market. My brother-in-law built a Phantom 4 clone from DJI parts he picked up from crash damaged drones. So I am surprised we do see more clones based on the Mavic, Phantom and Inspire.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem