DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yorkshire new member..hi :)

Already dropped a newbie post in the new pilots forum but heres another one for the UK groupies.

Bought a Mavic 2 weeks ago - hi everyone :)
Spent 5 weeks staying in Harrogate while working at Menwith Hill a hundred years ago - beautiful country!

One of the things I liked the best was the tendency for the crew to go on strike back then at the drop of a hat; that always gave me a day or two off to go play tourist. I completely geeked out at a couple of traction-engine rallies; utterly unlike the hotrod rallies we have over here.

Happy flying.

Reactions: deggers
Hello again!

I've spied a couple of reservoirs on the M62 that I want to take a closer look at Thumbswayup

Hello again!

I've spied a couple of reservoirs on the M62 that I want to take a closer look at Thumbswayup

Pitched myself over at Warley Moor Reservoir at the weekend was a perfect spot for testing Litchi. To gain trust in not being in control I ran a 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile the a 1 mile run with it - have a 2 mile prepped but didn't have the balls for that yet. I fear it's one of those things that just needs to be done and stare at the app praying it keeps going and comes back!

Google Maps < location if you can see it. 3 walkers stopped for a chat. Was good weather to just sit on the inside of the gate and send it round. You're on a higher elevation to the rest of the fields there.

I'm scoping out the other reservoirs in that location too.

Last edited:
Cool! I'm not familiar with Warley res.

The ones that caught my eye were Scammonden (interesting little 'outpost' sat in the middle of it) and the other one I saw on the M62 was called Rishworth I think? It has a huge Dam wall, with a pub next to it?

I've only been a pilot for 3 weeks so still finding my feet, I had some issues with Hangar 360 so I'm not brave enough yet to try Litchi :rolleyes:

Just googled it, it's not Rishworth, it's called Booth Wood, the one with the Dam:

IMG_0480.JPG

Cool! I'm not familiar with Warley res.

The ones that caught my eye were Scammonden (interesting little 'outpost' sat in the middle of it) and the other one I saw on the M62 was called Rishworth I think? It has a huge Dam wall, with a pub next to it?

I've only been a pilot for 3 weeks so still finding my feet, I had some issues with Hangar 360 so I'm not brave enough yet to try Litchi :rolleyes:

See now you have me looking at Hanger360 - what issues have you found? Don't you find 300ft absolutely scary altitude? I get sweaty and panic at 150ft!

Going to have a little look at those location suggestions tonight :)

Welcome from the Heart of England ;-)

Alright mate, thanks for the welcome ;)

Hangar 360 Photo

York this afternoon, have had a couple of issues this last week with bits missing at the top of the panos

Holy moley that looks amazing!

I have to admit I'm absolutely crap with camera settings - would you mind if I ask what settings you have it on for photos to capture that quality.

edit: hoping you will say auto and my life is easy haha!

Holy moley that looks amazing!

I have to admit I'm absolutely crap with camera settings - would you mind if I ask what settings you have it on for photos to capture that quality.

edit: hoping you will say auto and my life is easy haha!

I am going to say auto everything.

That was a quick 'mission' straight up to 91m, 23 photos later and 10 or so minutes and that's the result.

Hangar 360 Photo

York this afternoon, have had a couple of issues this last week with bits missing at the top of the panos
That is one gorgeous photo. Was there and toured the Minster long ago, remember it well. Weather was just a bit greyer than that..........

Great Pano

I am pretty sure Hangar 360 sets all the required settings for you

Have found it has changed camera settings I previously entered when going back in to the DJI Go 4 app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78