DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your favorite toy drone?

I love flying my Mavic Pro, but I also enjoy flying small, toy drones.

Lately I've been enjoying the heck out of a Hubsan X4c. I can buzz around the backyard and it also goes pretty high as well. I suspect I've had it up to 200' in altitude. Before that, I enjoyed a syma x5c (which I still have actually). The Hubsan is quite a zippy little drone though.

How 'bout you?

Hubsan X4 H501s Advanced & Bugs 3

Reactions: mrwagdog
I wish more drones had a claw!

My desire for a claw or hook on a drone goes back to one of my first flying toys as a kid...

31df4814ee11dad1459a6adea814caab.jpg
OMG, I had one of those as a child before alkaline batteries and that thing would eat batteries, lol

Reactions: Brojon
I bought an Eachine Windmill from Bangood.com for 40 bucks. Gravity assists, all the features the Tello has. Only has a 5 minute flight time though. Fun indestructable little indoor drone.

I had one too!
I suspect a lot of us had a vertibird. Easily my favorite toy when I was a kid.

If they were priced reasonably, I'd probably by another one today.

Love my little Cheerson for indoors. Flys great, great for practicing atti mode. Not so much outdoors. For outdoors it's the Hubsan x4 H107C. Been looking at the Tello but haven't pulled that trigger till I do a little more research.51YOWtH50qL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Last edited:
I have a bebop 2 for my play drone. At times, it is much more fun than a MPP. I think I broke my gimbal flying the Mavic like the bebop 2 with crazy manuevers with banks and rotations.

Love my little Cheerson for indoors. Flys great, great for practicing atti mode. Not so much outdoors. For outdoors it's the Hubsan x4 H107C. Been looking at the Tello but haven't pulled that trigger till I do a little more research.View attachment 42494
I had a small Cheerson for quite a while. Rugged little quad! I went through a few props on it banging into walls, ceilings, chairs, counters, etc... but finally bent up one of the shafts on the motor and that was it. Will probably buy another one at some point.

Spark. I got the fly more for 320, so it’s higher priced, but with a Tello once you add a controller, a couple extra batteries, prop guards you’re sitting at about 200 anyway.

Spark. I got the fly more for 320, so it’s higher priced, but with a Tello once you add a controller, a couple extra batteries, prop guards you’re sitting at about 200 anyway.
You're right, but Tello is much more durable during indoors crashes.

controller is only £14
batteries are expensive I got two for £30 and a multi charger £17
prop guards come supplied with the tello

I had a JXD509G that I bought before well my Mavic Pro to practice quad flying.

It was a nippy little beast although the video was rubbish with jello but usable after several mods to stiffen the arms and provide damping to the camera.

It sat unused in the shed since I bought my Mavic last year so I decided to give it to a local youth group together with a box of spare batteries, motors gears and props. Thought I should give it a quick spin to make sure it was still working. I was hovering near the garage when a gust caught it and pushed back it over the roof. I gave it full up as I lost video and before I could run around the shed it was gone somewhere out of range into the scrub and bush on the other side of my neighbour's house. No RTH or lost signal hover on than little dude and it still had battery for another 5 minutes of flying. Now I have a controller, screen and box of parts to dump!

Still I had my $ worth of fun out of it.

controller is only £14
batteries are expensive I got two for £30 and a multi charger £17
prop guards come supplied with the tello

I thought the controller was like $50. I'd seriously love to get a Tello, but I can't justify it. I just bought an Evo, so I have way too many already. Never would have bought the Evo if the Air had waypoints like promised.

I thought the controller was like $50. I'd seriously love to get a Tello, but I can't justify it. I just bought an Evo, so I have way too many already. Never would have bought the Evo if the Air had waypoints like promised.
Yeah - not a toy per se but I just picked up a Spark to use as a "scouting" drone. What sold me was the hand take-off for quick and discrete deployment.
Oh - and it has waypoints ;)

Yeah - not a toy per se but I just picked up a Spark to use as a "scouting" drone. What sold me was the hand take-off for quick and discrete deployment.
Oh - and it has waypoints ;)
I’m not willing to risk a 3rd party app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143