DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Zebra Looking stripes

Lone Droner 10

Reactions
Went to fly this morning and the video via the DJI Go 4 app had what I can only describe as Zebra looking stripes. Any idea what is causing this and then how to fix?

Went to fly this morning and the video via the DJI Go 4 app had what I can only describe as Zebra looking stripes. Any idea what is causing this and then how to fix?

Turn off the "overexposure warning" setting in camera settings

You can find that setting in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Over-Exposure-Setting.jpg

Turn off the "overexposure warning" setting in camera settings
Thank you so much for your help! That fixed the Zebra stripes immediately! I don't know what I would do without this forum! Trying to talk with DJI techs is not my favorite thing to do!

Another option I'd recommend is to leave it on and then take care of the overexposure itself either in the camera settings or with an ND filter. I don't know your exact scenario or what you're shooting, maybe you really don't want them, but for me the zebra stripe warning is a feature not a problem.

Another option I'd recommend is to leave it on and then take care of the overexposure itself either in the camera settings or with an ND filter. I don't know your exact scenario or what you're shooting, maybe you really don't want them, but for me the zebra stripe warning is a feature not a problem.
Thank you for your suggestion.

Thank you so much for your help! That fixed the Zebra stripes immediately! I don't know what I would do without this forum! Trying to talk with DJI techs is not my favorite thing to do!

Not trying to sound sarcastic here but you could try reading the full user manual which can be downloaded from DJI website.

Not trying to sound sarcastic here but you could try reading the full user manual which can be downloaded from DJI website.
That would be way too easy! Much faster and much clearer either on the forums or searching YouTube. But, you are right. Honestly, I wonder how many people really read that manual?

After discovering what it was I also consider it a bonus, but when it kicked in without me knowing why and what it was, I believed my RC or Mavic was bricked. Then I did a camera reset and away it went, but I also went through the manual, read about that setting, tried it out and back they were. I just activate the overexposure warning when the sky in the display looks whitie-ish, then go around it by rotating the EV wheel (upper right of the RC) or just use a ND filter as you said. One day I'll learn about the histogram and start using it

Definitely check out the histogram! It's not really difficult at all to "get it" and it's incredibly useful.

That would be way too easy! Much faster and much clearer either on the forums or searching YouTube. But, you are right. Honestly, I wonder how many people really read that manual?
Didn’t really have much choice as I was one of the people who ordered in early October and didn’t get a drone delivered until March! Plenty of time to read it cover to cover many times.

Most ppl want to get in the air. I’m gonna print a copy bc I can’t read that little square one. Back in the day I used to read a manual before I did anything lol. But I don’t want to pay for everybody to get a manual since most ppl don’t read them now a days

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman