DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Mavic lost failed to RTH

So had original poster put his files on here to be accessed .
It seams the whole mavic fault seams like rubbish.
Please post so the experts can tell us if there is a problem , so we can all learn

When i decided to return she was 1/4mile over water and not responding. After precious battery life what seemed forever. I hit the rth button .RC was beeping but dont recall if it sad going home and from the looks of it the numbers wasn't getting closer. While she just hovered in one spot she didn't respond until it hit the critical battery warning. Seconds later she was LANDING. All I could do was go up and forward on the sticks making a Bline to shore doing so I stopped recording to save battery.

Was it not responding or was it responding? You couldn't simply fly back, but then suddenly at critical battery you could fly back?

All these post are scaring the crap out of me. I never had a problem like that with my p3 and my Mavic isn't here yet.
You should be scared and personally I would return it before you even open it up. This, a small you've probably seen isn't an isolated issue, the Mavics got some real problems and there is a common thread and it's not pilot error.

You should be scared and personally I would return it before you even open it up. This, a small you've probably seen isn't an isolated issue, the Mavics got some real problems and there is a common thread and it's not pilot error.

That's completely false. The Mavic has plenty of problems, but they're all camera and gimbal related, not flight issues.

That's completely false. The Mavic has plenty of problems, but they're all camera and gimbal related, not flight issues.
I'm sure for all of the owners who have had complete satellite health drop, or switch to ATTI mode for no apparent reason or RTH not responding or flying to a different home point would disagree. That's not even taking into consideration the failures when it comes to flying indoors and issues with VPS. I've owned and flown with great stability for many years Phantom 3 product and and the Mavic is a failure

I'm sure for all of the owners who have had complete satellite health drop, or switch to ATTI mode for no apparent reason or RTH not responding or flying to a different home point would disagree.

And the loss of those drones still come down to pilot error because they did not have the necessary skill or wherewithal to fly the drone back. Automated systems are going to have errors. If you're incapable of flying in ATTI mode, you should not be flying.

I'm sure for all of the owners who have had complete satellite health drop, or switch to ATTI mode for no apparent reason or RTH not responding or flying to a different home point would disagree. That's not even taking into consideration the failures when it comes to flying indoors and issues with VPS. I've owned and flown with great stability for many years Phantom 3 product and and the Mavic is a failure
Maybe yours is. Mine is great. Love it.

And the loss of those drones still come down to pilot error because they did not have the necessary skill or wherewithal to fly the drone back. Automated systems are going to have errors. If you're incapable of flying in ATTI mode, you should not be flying.
This.

Well going back to the OP, I'm calling pilot error. Unless the OP is dealing with a situation which makes them feel the drone is no longer important, in which case my sympathies, the fact that we still haven't seen a log, just strikes me as the OP not being confident in their own story and that they indeed realize that they screwed up somehow.

Get the State Farm insurance and go enjoy flying. I wouldn't be reckless but if something does occur you have it to call back on.

Lost my Mavic on 3-1. I always fly in this area over the river.

Bummer. Let me add my voice to those asking you to post your .TXT file (from your iPhone via iTunes or from your Android). Several here (myself included) can find lots of details in there that may help explain what happened or at least rule out things that did not happen.

Our aim is not to blame anyone but to better understand what can go wrong. The plain fact is most times it is the user's error and most times the user's error was avoidable. But there are cases where it's simply something went boink.

Help us to help you and to help everyone. Upload the .txt to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

What a crowd can find might help you with a claim with DJI. It's just in your best interest.

Reactions: Smoke Life

While I agree that some things do not work as expected (GPS dropping out for no good reason, for example) from everything I've read accidents and losses seem to mostly happen to new owners / inexperienced drone flyers. No surprise.

Reactions: Hellsbellsidaho
How should I practice flying in ATTI mode on a MavicPro?
Unfortunately Atti mode is only accessible when your drone can't fly in GPS mode. But the best training would be to try to fly a cheap toy quad copter. It does teach you how to steer and counter steer on a manual drone.

How should I practice flying in ATTI mode on a MavicPro?

Use at your own risk.
You could mask off the GPS with some metal tape. I believe it's at the back of the drone.

Then leave it in P-mode as much as possible with OA on. Keep it in view until you're comfortable moving it around on an area no larger than a football pitch. You won't have range information on the RC so be very careful. Better to do it when the light level is a bit lower. That way you can use the lights to help figure out which way it's pointing. Keep it above tree level! You can use the video to aid in orientation as well, of course.

Unfortunately Atti mode is only accessible when your drone can't fly in GPS mode.
I think it is unfair, therefore, for enthusiastic new pilots to be told "If you're incapable of flying in ATTI mode, you should not be flying" when the expensive product they've bought into does not allow them to learn. I thought these forums are better than that.

Reactions: Hellsbellsidaho
I think it is unfair, therefore, for enthusiastic new pilots to be told "If you're incapable of flying in ATTI mode, you should not be flying" when the expensive product they've bought into does not allow them to learn. I thought these forums are better than that.
It does allow them to learn. It comes included with a flight simulator, which I first used to learn the controls of my drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1