DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any1 try the aftermarket Gimbal Lock yet?

Im waiting on a red one from the Bay now.
That POS DJI gimbal golder is wearing a hole in my lens cover :(
I worry im damaging the gimbal everytime i try to get it on aswell.

I saw your flight tag and extra "label" there. If you got some velcro tape, you can use it as a double reminder.

Fly Me Friendly

I need some string like you there perhaps

Hold the mavic nose down and insert the lock. Keeps the camera in perfect position tipping itself slightly forward to allow the gimbal lock to slide into position. There are some videos showing this.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: lucky2be
That's how I've always done it
IMO It's still fiddly and it doesnt stop the hard plastic from wearing on the gimbal finish

Attachments

• 20170211_225635.jpg
    20170211_225635.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 36
If one spends a few minutes examining the back of the camera and the details of the DJI gimbal lock, it makes it much easier to use.

With the MP on it's back in my left hand, I slip the lock in part way with a few mm left of travel. Then move the camera into position. Things line up almost by themselves at this point and you just click into place.

And I'm doing this with frozen fingers at -8°C in windy conditions.

Shoot... I had no idea you were supposed to keep on using the gimbal lock!!!! I've been transporting and storing my mavic without the lock from day one (no problems so far but now you guys got me nervous). I thought I had read that constantly putting it on and off would be far worse for it than just leaving it off, but I guess I was wrong. So you all recommend always leaving the sucker on there??

Shoot... I had no idea you were supposed to keep on using the gimbal lock!!!! I've been transporting and storing my mavic without the lock from day one (no problems so far but now you guys got me nervous). I thought I had read that constantly putting it on and off would be far worse for it than just leaving it off, but I guess I was wrong. So you all recommend always leaving the sucker on there??

I don't know about "we all" but IMO: When not flying, yep.

Page 6 of the manual says:
  1. The gimbal cover is used to protect the gimbal. Remove it when necessary.
  2. Use the Gimbal Clamp and Gimbal Cover to protect the gimbal when the Mavic Pro is not in use.
For that fragile piece of tech I think it's good to follow the manufacturer's advice

Page 6 of the manual says:
  1. The gimbal cover is used to protect the gimbal. Remove it when necessary.
  2. Use the Gimbal Clamp and Gimbal Cover to protect the gimbal when the Mavic Pro is not in use.
For that fragile piece of tech I think it's good to follow the manufacturer's advice

Yup, guess I was wrong. I've got my mavic with me on a trip to Whistler British Columbia... Hopefully nothing bad happens it until I can get home and find that darn clamp. Fingers crossed! :/

Has anyone tried these yet? I hate the factory gimbal locking clamp so this is enticing. Red!

2917a5c12c010a699e80cc8500f00638.jpg
42b8979468d77ec9658223aaf9e27292.jpg
Been a while since anyone posted here but I picked up one of these and it really makes it impossible to forget now lol... figured I would pass along the info

upload_2018-5-1_21-52-3.png

https://www.amazon.com/Clover-Quad-...&qid=1525236273&sr=1-1&keywords=giminder&th=1

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini