DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone have any idea when DJI will update DJI Go 4 and fix the app crash issue for Android users?

I haven't been able to even open the app for the last couple weeks on my Galaxy S8+ which was working fine for the first couple weeks after buying the phone. Lately I haven't even been able to install the app on my phone anymore.

Just opened my DJI Go 4 app (at work no remote or drone connected) and it said something about an upcoming update, and something about having to log back into your DJI account then) Hope this is the bug fix or fixes coming soon.....

I upgraded my Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T810 to Android Nougat a couple if days ago. Was afraid about DJI Go4 crashing, but I was surprised it worked really smoothly. So not all Nougat variants are doomed.

No joy with my S8 before after update to 07. Never had probs with my xperia. Will now need to utilise it as the PolarPro Katana doesn't have a holder for an iPad, only iPhone up to an i7. Is Apple taking over the world? Strange that manufacturers bow down to Apple when there are far more Android devices sold.

I am not sure how priorities lie with DJI, but I am in the "hardcore android user apple hater bought ipad mini 4 and never had any crashes ever since" boat. Cost me €500,- but couldn't be happier with the results.
Same here. I was so PO'd at Android shutting down for no reason. Sometimes 3 crashes per flight. It always fired right back up, but who needs that fear that it will crash at a most inopportune time. IOS Ipad mini 4 (fits into the Mavic, use USB cord) Not one problem since. Pity how Android is treated by DJI. Heck most people own Android OS's.

Reactions: JoostGT3
DJI might have all the Android issues fixed by now, in this next FW announced to be released soon as they will begin to sell the new CrystalSky monitors and they run Android...

Well, I just bought an Acer Iconia 8" B1-850 with a MediaTek processor, fly a whole battery pack today before the rain started back up and not one app crash. This tablet is running Android Lollipop 5.1. I bought it refurbed from Amazon for $60, not bad. It doesn't appear to have any real video lag issues, 1 GB RAM and 16GB storage. Wish it maybe had a 1080p display instead of 720p or 800 whichever it is, but it is certainly far better than using a phone, plus no worries of a phone ringing or missing a call while in mid flight. Hopefully this is how it will always work. For anyone else interested on spending $60 instead of $400 for an 8" tablet here is where I got mine. Got up there in the clouds during the test.

I tried rooting it today at work with Kingroot, but either Kingroot needs another update or my work's crappy dropout net nanny gotta use a VPN to access anything cool WiFi stopped me. Even without root, so far it's working nicely.

Last edited:
I'm sure everyone has gotten this email from DJI, but in case you didn't here is the official announcement:

Dear Customers,

DJI will soon introduce a new application activation process for international customers. This new step, to take effect at the end of this week, ensures you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile. All existing flight safety limitations, such as geofencing boundaries and altitude limits, remain the same.

Even if you have registered when activating your aircraft upon purchase, you will have to log in once when you update the new version of DJI GO or GO 4 App. If you have forgotten your password since your initial login, you can reset it using a function within the DJI GO and DJI GO 4 apps.

You will need a data connection to the Internet for your smartphone or tablet when you log in, in order to verify the account information and activate the updated software or firmware. If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high.

The feature applies to all aircraft (except standalone A3 and N3) that have been upgraded to the latest firmware or when using future versions of the DJI GO and GO 4 apps.

DJI encourages pilots to always follow applicable laws and regulations in the countries where they operate, and provides information about these regulations on its FlySafe website at flysafe.dji.com.

Sincerely,

Your DJI Team

Odd. Been running the latest Go4 on my S8+ for the last couple of weeks and have had zero issues.

From reading others, it would seem I would be doomed in this setup, but has been the opposite. I'd challenge someone having problems to reinstall Go4 after a factory reset, and before reinstalling other apps and say it's still broken. I'd be willing to bet it's a conflict with another running app.

Reactions: alexcannas
The update for DJI Go 4 is out now, here's what's new:

WHAT'S NEW
Added support for Spark:
-Added advanced gesture controls.
-Added horizontal and vertical panoramas.
-Added ShallowFocus shooting mode.
-Added QuickShot Mode.
-Added Coordinate Mode.
Matrice 200:
-Added support for the Matrice 200 and AirSense.
Editor
-Added some new filters and opening scenes.
-Updated the music library.
General:
-After updating, users is required to log into their DJI account once.
-Added a feature that allows no-fly zones to update in real time.

Did they say panoramas now? Cool!

Haven't tried it on my LG V20 but I hope the crash issue was addressed.

So the new update has totally screwed up the function and usability of my new Acer Iconia 8 tablet, which worked flawlessly before. Impossibly usable video lag, and worse my drone took off and I flew 10 feet away and completely loses video feed. The app didn't ask me to sign in again as stated by DJI, although I did log in again on their website. Emailed tech support hope they fix this mess.

Last edited:
I am not sure how priorities lie with DJI, but I am in the "hardcore android user apple hater bought ipad mini 4 and never had any crashes ever since" boat. Cost me €500,- but couldn't be happier with the results.

I've only had the Mavic for a month or so and up to few days ago, my OnePlus 3 Android 7.1.1 was working fine (few app crash but easy to just restart the app). All of a sudden, the GO4 app totally looses connection to video feed and all other flight data within a few sec. of connecting to the Mavic. My son has a OnePlus 3 phone too so we testes the GO4 app on his phone as well - same problem.

So I've took the same decision; I ordered a iPad mini 4 128G + cell even I'm a hard-core iProduct hater too. I really can't be bored to wait until such date were DJI will make a stable Android app to fly my $2000 drone (yep, that's the price for the combo version in Denmark).

Run the new version V 4.1.0 on my old Medion tablet (OEM Lenovo) on Android 6.x without any problems. It seems completely stable. Thumbswayup :)

Regards Leif.

I've only had the Mavic for a month or so and up to few days ago, my OnePlus 3 Android 7.1.1 was working fine (few app crash but easy to just restart the app). All of a sudden, the GO4 app totally looses connection to video feed and all other flight data within a few sec. of connecting to the Mavic. My son has a OnePlus 3 phone too so we testes the GO4 app on his phone as well - same problem.

So I've took the same decision; I ordered a iPad mini 4 128G + cell even I'm a hard-core iProduct hater too. I really can't be bored to wait until such date were DJI will make a stable Android app to fly my $2000 drone (yep, that's the price for the combo version in Denmark).

Guessing your problem is due to a defective DJI hardware instead ???

Regards Leif.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech