DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone have any idea when DJI will update DJI Go 4 and fix the app crash issue for Android users?

Go 4 is unstable on many Android platforms, unfortunately. No idea when this will be rectified, if ever. One thing I haven't seen anyone mention is to turn off video caching and see if that improves the stability.

I've only had the Mavic for a month or so and up to few days ago, my OnePlus 3 Android 7.1.1 was working fine (few app crash but easy to just restart the app). All of a sudden, the GO4 app totally looses connection to video feed and all other flight data within a few sec. of connecting to the Mavic. My son has a OnePlus 3 phone too so we testes the GO4 app on his phone as well - same problem.

So I've took the same decision; I ordered a iPad mini 4 128G + cell even I'm a hard-core iProduct hater too. I really can't be bored to wait until such date were DJI will make a stable Android app to fly my $2000 drone (yep, that's the price for the combo version in Denmark).
Cool, have fun with it! Btw, I am very impressed with the hardware of the tablet, but on the software side I'm on the fence; the settings section is a joy, but a lot of other buttons are in silly places (for example search button on the top of the screen, then the actual text input field appears on the bottom, and things like that) How do you like the iPad so far?

Cool, have fun with it! Btw, I am very impressed with the hardware of the tablet, but on the software side I'm on the fence; the settings section is a joy, but a lot of other buttons are in silly places (for example search button on the top of the screen, then the actual text input field appears on the bottom, and things like that) How do you like the iPad so far?

I'm a geek and my iHate goes a long way back. I don't like the "Apple handcuffs" but having said that, I'm a geek and I probably gonna love how well build and easy to use the iPad is. My iHate is purely founded in feelings and yes of course; the price!!! So I haven't received the iPad mini yet, it will arrive Monday and I've high expectations as it cost costed me another $700

I've only had the Mavic for a month or so and up to few days ago, my OnePlus 3 Android 7.1.1 was working fine (few app crash but easy to just restart the app). All of a sudden, the GO4 app totally looses connection to video feed and all other flight data within a few sec. of connecting to the Mavic. My son has a OnePlus 3 phone too so we testes the GO4 app on his phone as well - same problem.

So I've took the same decision; I ordered a iPad mini 4 128G + cell even I'm a hard-core iProduct hater too. I really can't be bored to wait until such date were DJI will make a stable Android app to fly my $2000 drone (yep, that's the price for the combo version in Denmark).

I uninstalled version DJI Go 4 v4.1.0 and put back v4.0.7 on my tablet.

Anyone else interested I got the older version from here. I haven't flown with the older one again yet from that website but have used that website for other files without issue.

I'm a geek and my iHate goes a long way back. I don't like the "Apple handcuffs" but having said that, I'm a geek and I probably gonna love how well build and easy to use the iPad is. My iHate is purely founded in feelings and yes of course; the price!!! So I haven't received the iPad mini yet, it will arrive Monday and I've high expectations as it cost costed me another $700

I'm not a fan of the iapple handcuffs either, but I don't blame anyone for buying one for a dedicated Drone tablet. The price is unbearable for me. I could buy 5 more battery packs for my Mavic! I paid $60 for my Acer Iconia that does work fine with v4.0.7 and probably all prior releases. The sad thing is they still haven't seem to figure out how to make it work for Android 7 guys yet. At least give me panoramic function like the Mavic's baby brother :).

Reactions: BadAssDK
Go 4 is unstable on many Android platforms, unfortunately. No idea when this will be rectified, if ever. One thing I haven't seen anyone mention is to turn off video caching and see if that improves the stability.
On mine it didn't make a difference. Neither did airplane mode, nor uninstalling, reinstalling app, nor rebooting tablet. Tried lots of thing with no discernible difference. I think the video caching might help somewhat if your lag is slight, but the real issue is software related, I get total signal loss now where as before I was able to fly under a large bridge a half mile away and have great remote and video signal feed, made this clip with my Acer Iconia before the new update.

I have problems with both version 4.0.7 and 4.1.0

Check post #86, use the download link, try one of the older versions, they go back to 4.0.0. I don't know at what point they began having issues, sounds like it varies from device to device and from Android OS to OS. One thing is for certain, DJI won't give you the time of day if you are not using one of their "recommended" devices on their list, which my Acer Iconia isn't. My LG V20 phone IS and still no fix for that.

Last edited:
How do you like the iPad so far?

I got my iPad mini 4 with Cell, tested it out and as a iHater I'm sorry to say; the iPad mini rocks!

The app is rock steady and has additional a nice "radar display" showing the direction of the drone relative to pilot position, enabling you to point the antennas in the optimal direction towards the drone. This feature isn't in the Android app.

Also, the iPad mini fits very nicely in the brackets of the RC and the video feed is just in the optimal size with the 8" screen. I find the 5.5" display on my phone too small and I think that the full-size 10" tablet would be too bulky.

Now I'm just awaiting a short lighting cable of about 20 cm ordered on ebay, so I don't trip in the some what longer original cable. It is an expensive solution but it is the only right solution IMHO.

NB. if others are consider the same solution, remember to buy your iPad mini with cell, not only WiFi as this model has no build-in GPS.

Reactions: JoostGT3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk