DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple vs Android

I, too, am an Android guy but after 5 months of using Android, I broke down and got an iPad Mini 4 just to use for the Mavic. It is the best thing out there for the Mavic! Trust me, I didn't want to go to Apple but it as made my flying a lot less stressful and trouble free!!

DJI Go App Ver

Reactions: BikerBuster
The only thing you need to know is that the last OS, Nougat, universally had issues with DJI's app, or I should say the app had issues with it which they did not fix. If you can't buy Marshmallow or have the ability to go back to it, then - Apple it is. You don't actually have much choice.
My phone (Huawei Mate 9) is on Nougat, and I've not had any issues.

Common theme with Android.. lots of fancy features and impressive specs and components but execution often seems to be lacking.

Nice. I swear you are the only one. Or maybe the DJI app updates finally fixed whatever was making it crash.
I have no issues on Nougat with the Oneplus3, but I don't hold out hope that this will continue to be the case.
I have a backup iPhone 6+ available to me if future versions of Nougat and DJI Go decide they don't like each other.

Excellent, where are they?
If you ran Android you can get the latest apps often before your own Play Store app will offer them to you if you install Aptoide app. It's a user submitted app repository. As app updates are generally rolled out sequentially, chances are that you're not the first one to receive an app and Aptoide always has the latest app versions.

For example, the latest DJI GO 4.1.10 was available on Aptoide 3-4 days before I saw it on my PlayStore too :)

Read this. I'm as Android guy too but in my option iPad mini4 is the way to go.

Read this - I'm no android guy - but after getting my mavic for 1000+ euros, I was happy to get
a super fast smartphone for 130 bucks - everything runs smooth (thank to 3 gb ram and 8 core
cpu) using my cubot max. So why pay 400 bucks or so more for a mapple? Right ;)

Apple is fine if you can live inside the Apple bubble. I can't. Apple may be the superior product but I chose Android a long time ago and will not make the switch to an Apple life. That being said I'm ok with buying an I-whatever just to have the best for the Mavic. You never answered my question.
Can’t go past the crystal sky in my opinion. I too have always been an android fanboy, but went the iPad route for my DJI drones. But recently bought the CS and very happy.

I used to be a Blackberry guy. Had one of the first Z10 devices as the Passport. Funny that the new iOS11 looks very similar to BB OS10. But that was ages ago. Had two (expensive) Android devices but am very happy with my Apples. Use Macs for years already so easy choice. And the best I've made since long

Just a quick question I hear people taking about the Crystal sky monitors are these not the best way to go rather than Apple or android I was a Apple guy but got sick of everything had to go through Apple I love Android as it's more user friendly for me but that's my opinion but I seen on the mod pages people chatting about the Crystal sky are these not the way to go someone did mention you would be stuck with there firmware? but does these things not use a Android base system ? I understand it would just be a dedicated monitor and I here the screen brightness is a lot clearer ? also i was to get one would I need a SIM card contract for it or does this have a built in GPS any opinion or feedback would be appreciated thanks.

Just a quick question I hear people taking about the Crystal sky monitors are these not the best way to go rather than Apple or android I was a Apple guy but got sick of everything had to go through Apple I love Android as it's more user friendly for me but that's my opinion but I seen on the mod pages people chatting about the Crystal sky are these not the way to go someone did mention you would be stuck with there firmware? but does these things not use a Android base system ? I understand it would just be a dedicated monitor and I here the screen brightness is a lot clearer ? also i was to get one would I need a SIM card contract for it or does this have a built in GPS any opinion or feedback would be appreciated thanks.
:confused:

I never owned an Apple product and have always used android, until I bought the MP I bought the ipad mini 4 128g with cell service just to fly. I have never had a app crash or any other problems, but I wish i bought a Crystalsky 5.5. I want to keep the size down and want the brightness of it. The ipad isn't to bad with a sun shade it's is slightly top big for trying to keep it compact.

I'm an Android guy. No Apples allowed in my house :eek::)
I used to be like that. But I kind of outgrown out of that phase. I buy what works better for specific task. My phone is Note 8, my tablet is S2. My laptop is Macbook Pro and my second tablet is iPad mini2. So great tech mix.

I only have a handful of flights, but my device of choice is my Note 8 (which barely fits into the Mavic controller). No crashes so far. App or the drone.

I used to be like that. But I kind of outgrown out of that phase. I buy what works better for specific task. My phone is Note 8, my tablet is S2. My laptop is Macbook Pro and my second tablet is iPad mini2. So great tech mix.

I only have a handful of flights, but my device of choice is my Note 8 (which barely fits into the Mavic controller). No crashes so far. App or the drone.
Yup. I agree with you. I never have understood why people tie their sense of identity to one platform or the other. I just use whatever works, which (at present) is an Android phone, an old (2010) Macbook Pro, and a superfast Hackintosh/Windows dual boot desktop.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman