DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple vs Android

Yup. I agree with you. I never have understood why people tie their sense of identity to one platform or the other. I just use whatever works, which (at present) is an Android phone, an old (2010) Macbook Pro, and a superfast Hackintosh/Windows dual boot desktop.
It's about brand loyalty and being able to justify your purchase. For example, you just bought iPhone 8, and few people tell you that Note 8 is a lot better. Good chance you will get defensive, because you just blew few hundred dollars and someone's telling you that your tech is crap. And this feeling will develop more and more as you go along. It is something I experienced myself.

You need to look at things from practical perspective. All my serious work and gaming is done on my home PC, which is Windows. My on-the-road work, and general goofing off is on my Macbook. And this setup works for me.

My boss, a Windows engineer, does not allow non-Apple stuff at his home. Yet all his work is done on remote desktop into his Windows workstation or via Parallels. Go figure...

I used to be like that. But I kind of outgrown out of that phase. I buy what works better for specific task. My phone is Note 8, my tablet is S2. My laptop is Macbook Pro and my second tablet is iPad mini2. So great tech mix.

I admire your point of view although I would never do this myself

A question for those of you who are using iPad mini 4’s with your Mavic controllers - are you using the WiFi / cellular or just the WiFi only version?

I'm using cellular version,so I can have GPS and use all functions of mavic

Mine is WiFi only. Decided that if I needed cellular or GPS I would use my iPhone, or if need use my iPhone as a HotSpot. I did not want to pay for another cellular line fee for my iPad Mini4.

I have Verizon, and when I added my wife's iPad to my account it required another phone line (number) and additional monthly fee even though the data was shared.

I feel i've seen more posts on problems regarding non IOS devices especially with firmware updates. There have been a few here and there ive noticed, but for the most part, when searching the internet for information about Mavic Pro problems/errors, I notice more complaints reported by non apple products

Caser41.........mate ....you Legend I've been reading thread after thread..even signed up! I'm in the Game! And I finally found your quick post...I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8' also and just wanted to know if anyone had flown the Mavic with it (compared to a iOS) and YOU helped me out... much appreciated. Do you have Android version 6.0.1 ? I'm guessing yes. And I'm about to purchase the Mavic pro! My tablet has had a few hickory ups on dji go Flying my PH3 Pro but nothing I couldn't fix with a little ingenuity.

• Wow
Reactions: Ben_Tommy
It's about brand loyalty and being able to justify your purchase. For example, you just bought iPhone 8, and few people tell you that Note 8 is a lot better. Good chance you will get defensive, because you just blew few hundred dollars and someone's telling you that your tech is crap.And this feeling will develop more and more as you go along. It is something I experienced myself.

You need to look at things from practical perspective. All my serious work and gaming is done on my home PC, which is Windows. My on-the-road work, and general goofing off is on my Macbook. And this setup works for me.

My boss, a Windows engineer, does not allow non-Apple stuff at his home. Yet all his work is done on remote desktop into his Windows workstation or via Parallels. Go figure...
Yeah you are right its all about brand loyalty . the first thing i noticed between android and apple is that is its hardware. Apple use high efficient and own hardware parts instead of buy chipsets from different industries. secondly apple using powerful chipset just lik A12,A13,A14,A15 and so on these chipsets provide powerful performance and dont have any bugs in their OS. Android phones and tablets will perform better when they are new. When time passes their performance becomes down and cause lags and hang issues. Thats why i prefer apple product instead of android. This is my opinion.

Caser41.........mate ....you Legend I've been reading thread after thread..even signed up! I'm in the Game! And I finally found your quick post...I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8' also and just wanted to know if anyone had flown the Mavic with it (compared to a iOS) and YOU helped me out... much appreciated. Do you have Android version 6.0.1 ? I'm guessing yes. And I'm about to purchase the Mavic pro! My tablet has had a few hickory ups on dji go Flying my PH3 Pro but nothing I couldn't fix with a little ingenuity.
:) :)