DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Atlanta checking in...

Photography was the primary reason I got my drone. So far I've been impressed, we're obviously somewhat limited by the small optical sensor. What part of Atlanta are you in?
Midtown, to be more specific, Georgia Tech campus :)

Almost every time I fly now I get zone restrictions. Even way out in Douglasville where there where good clear areas. I tried to fly for a min in Marietta but the warning popped up that the drone Will automatically land if not landed soon so I'm wondering where is the best area to fly? I'm also wanting to try and capture some great scenery if possible. Until then , Frink out ☄️

Sent from [emoji211]

Almost every time I fly now I get zone restrictions. Even way out in Douglasville where there where good clear areas. I tried to fly for a min in Marietta but the warning popped up that the drone Will automatically land if not landed soon so I'm wondering where is the best area to fly? I'm also wanting to try and capture some great scenery if possible. Until then , Frink out ☄️

Sent from [emoji211]
I've never seen a place that's OK to fly. It seems basically everywhere in the US is a no fly zone. I use hover and B4UFLY app and even if you drive to where it seems OK. When I arrive it still says I'm in a no fly zone. I've never had it Land in its on from being in a no fly zone tho

I get the fly zone restrictions also, but I'm roughly 8 miles from Hartsfield Jackson.. I also get the 'unpaved airports' restriction? But I close out it and still take off.. I see commercial planes WAY UP in the distance, but never low enough for my Mavic to be in their path..

I would absolutely love to do a Blood Mountain meetup this spring. It's one of the few parks I haven't been been to. I've done some filming at Unicoi State park, and would love to capture the waterfall at Amicalola. I'm going to have to return my drone because it's having issues but I should definitely have it back by spring. If I'm correct, Blood Mountain is the highest state park in Georgia. It would be awesome. My phone number is 4707555425... Nate

Ok, I am going to propose an initial time/date to get us moving. Who would be interested in meeting up either at sunrise or sunset this Saturday March 18th? This may be too soon for planning, but we can change the date to suit everyone.

Ok, I am going to propose an initial time/date to get us moving. Who would be interested in meeting up either at sunrise or sunset this Saturday March 18th? This may be too soon for planning, but we can change the date to suit everyone.
Good Morning,

Would Sunday work - I'll be out of town on Saturday.

Finally joining in. I got my Mavic today after months and I am very happy. I am located in Canton area. Time to put away the Phantom and go learn. I'd love to have a Meet Up somewhere to see other rigs and skills.

Hello everyone! Was sent this link from a fellow Atl Mavic owner. Looking forward to possible meetups with approved fly zones. Mavic is my first UAS but its been a blast learning to operate it! (distinction between pilot, and operator). Anyone else in the Roswell area? Hit me up. [email protected]

Reactions: MavicMikeGA
Newbie here, Mavic should be delivered this week...I am in Athens area, but will follow this thread to see if a meetup is scheduled.

Just joined, just ordered a fly more combo, in Kennesaw.
My house is in a no fly zone because airport...
When I get mine I'll be ready to join meetups!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998