DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best phone/tablets what work with Mavic?

I have only flown about ten flights but have had no issues with either of my android devices. Asus Nexus 7 2013 and my Galaxy Note 5

I just use the usb port under remote.
Neil

IPhone 7 Plus connected to side port. iPad Air 2 bottom USB port. All flawless - no issues in 8 hours flight time.

Galaxy S5 with most of the apps uninstalled and disabled. Cracked screen also... works well! Been tempted to upgrade to a S7 as my phone contract is up but as the saying goes don't try and fix something that isn't broken right? Also toyed with the idea of going for a Tab S2...

I'm using a Galaxy Tab E 8.0 and it's been working flawlessly. I feel like I got lucky after reading others bad luck with it.

I bought and tried all of the options. I use a Nvidia Shield tablet because it has the strongest daylight screen and most importantly it has an HDMI OUTPUT port that enables me to use my FatShark Goggles on all of my drones. It is also the perfect size.

Reactions: Falcon1az
Hi
I'm new to the drone world. I looking to buy a iPad mini 4 just for my Mavic Pro, the iPad is 16GB.

So do I.
I'll trade my iPad 4th gen, since it not work with the Dji Go app.
What everybody says about iOS/Android is true. I'm not an Apple fan but it seems Dji apps works better on iOS devices.
I have a S7 Edge but see it (or any Android device) drawing the controller's battery everytime I connect it is annoying.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. Bright, clear video and no issues with dropouts even at extended distances.

Update on my E Tab: I'm having constant video feed issues. Looks like I'm going to have to employ some new tactics to make it work or use my kids iPad mini.

I bought and tried all of the options. I use a Nvidia Shield tablet because it has the strongest daylight screen and most importantly it has an HDMI OUTPUT port that enables me to use my FatShark Goggles on all of my drones. It is also the perfect size.

If only the Shield would come down in price.

Hi everyone, this is my first post to this page, love reading everyones comments. I have been flying my mavic since late December with my iphone 7 and have never encountered a problem. I am considering getting an Ipad 4 Mini. My question is; do I need to get the cellular model or will the wifi model suffice. I am seeing posts that say that you need the cellular which has the ability to use gps signals. What are your thoughts

do I need to get the cellular model or will the wifi model suffice. I am seeing posts that say that you need the cellular which has the ability to use gps signals.
Only the cellular model has an internal GPS receiver. That'll allow you to use the Follow Me feature and/or reset the home point to your current location after taking off. If you don't need to use either of those features, then the Wi-Fi only model would be an okay choice for you.

I used iPhone 6 for a while, then mini 4 now. Totally sweet. 16gb. Wifi. Minimal apps. Fits into RC like a glove.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev