DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best phone/tablets what work with Mavic?

TOOOOO big to fit the controller. I don't like the idea of the mounts that place the tablet on top of the controller, it will block the antennas. Just my thought. Shop for a used 8" Tab S2, best advice I have, LOVE the 8" in the controller wings. Works perfect, only thing I don't like you can not turn the tablet on and off with it fitted into the wings, so you have to leave it loose until you get everything turned on.
I have the Sleep and Sound Vol on the bottom so everything is reachable.

Well, why didn't I think about that. LMAO
Don't feel bad .... I drove my Mavic into my Rec Room wall screwing it right down into the floor .... then turned around and flew in icing conditions, got prop icing and descended right into the ground. And being a pilot ... I should have known better. As my dad would say " Son, put your thinking cap on". I keep saying .. ok ok.

The crap we create for ourselves. Thanks for sharing, we have ALL done something we are embarrassed to tell. Measure twice cut once. Was my dad's favorite saying.

Don't feel bad .... I drove my Mavic into my Rec Room wall screwing it right down into the floor .... then turned around and flew in icing conditions, got prop icing and descended right into the ground. And being a pilot ... I should have known better. As my dad would say " Son, put your thinking cap on". I keep saying .. ok ok.

How small are you that you can fit inside a Mavic and "drive" it. I usually fly mine.

Unfortunately YES, but you should start the bird battery first then the RC anyway, so one more step, turn the S2 on last after the bird and RC have connected. DJI will fix it with the next update, I'm sure.
Thank you,Thank you,Thank you.
I purchased a galaxy tab s2 this morning from best buy and was going to return it in the morning because i struggled with it all day and couldn't get it connected.
your start up procedure works!!! and saved me from going to the ios dark side. Thanks again.

Thank you,Thank you,Thank you.
I purchased a galaxy tab s2 this morning from best buy and was going to return it in the morning because i struggled with it all day and couldn't get it connected.
your start up procedure works!!! and saved me from going to the ios dark side. Thanks again.
I do it a little bit different by starting the controller first then booting up the Galaxy S2 and the battery last. That way when I return with a low battery I can turn the mavic off take the battery out and replace it without ever shutting down the controller and the Galaxy. But I guess there are several ways it can work.

Reactions: N7VDR
I can add another Android tablet to the list of those that work well with Go4 and the Mavic. The FNF i5 Mini 4s. Review at Techtablets https://techtablets.com/fnf-ifive-mini-4s/review/
So far after a couple of trouble free flights it's been excellent compared to the Galaxy Tab A (2016). No random error messages, acceptable lag and a screen that's usable in sunshine (though better if shaded). Also it (just) fits into the RC arms so a tablet mount isn't really essential.
The tab comes with a very basic Android 6.01 ROM without Google Play services, but I had no problem downloading and installing the Go 4 APK.
If you just can't get by without Play Store (and all of the other Google stuff) Techtablets has a link to an updated ROM that includes Google Play here:iFive Mini 4S Firmware 1.05 Released - TechTablets
Otherwise the tab has no GPS ruling out moving your home point and some flight modes, and battery life is a bit limited.
That said it's a steal for a Mavic dedicated Android device.

Reactions: Budmancan
Good info everyone, I have the Samsung Tab S 10.5 since it xame out but it's too big for this application. Seem like the IPad 4 mini is popular. But haven't been fan after the passing of Steve Jobs. Might try the Samsung Tab s2.

For those using the iPad mini 4, how good can you see the camera view in the sunlight?
I am currently using the Acer iconia 7" however camera view is extremely hard to see even with a shade.. probably 5% view.

For those using the iPad mini 4, how good can you see the camera view in the sunlight?
I am currently using the Acer iconia 7" however camera view is extremely hard to see even with a shade.. probably 5% view.

I have no problems seeing the screen in sunlight.

I got the Oneplus 3T. It's not on any approved list but after trying everything like iPhone 6s, Ipad mini, Galaxy note 4 and note 5 and the Galaxy s7. I can personally say that nothing works as good as the Oneplus so far. Flawless connection. No picture issues. With 6gb of ram and 128gb of hard drive this thing is a beast and I expected it to perform as such.
Hi, just read your post. I have the same phone, and have recently got a mavic (1 flight in beginner mode so far!), but have been getting a little concerned with a lot of people reporting problems with the Android apps crashing or losing connection, so was actually contemplating buying an iPad mini 4....have you had no problems at all? Many thanks

Hi, just read your post. I have the same phone, and have recently got a mavic (1 flight in beginner mode so far!), but have been getting a little concerned with a lot of people reporting problems with the Android apps crashing or losing connection, so was actually contemplating buying an iPad mini 4....have you had no problems at all? Many thanks

I tried my wife's Samsung Note tablet and it would crash and it also wouldn't show HD video. I moved to my iPad Pro and it worked beautifully but it was too large and needed an adapter to fit the controller. I got an iPad Mini 4 two weeks ago and it works awesome with no issues. It also works with the controller without any adapter which makes transport easier. I used to be anti-Apple but after having issues with Android I made the jump 3 years ago to the iPhone and never looked back. Some people don't like Apple products but when it comes down to it they work and they work well.

Reactions: Goose48
Thinking about iPad 4 as well found one for 150 16g WiFi only is that a good price

Thinking about iPad 4 as well found one for 150 16g WiFi only is that a good price

I went with the cellular model since it has a GPS receiver and the wifi model does not. My understanding is the Mavic will use the GPS receiver. I don't believe you have to have cellular service to use the GPS receiver. I personally did hook it up to my T-Mobile account.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78