DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh Conclusions?

Greeney

Reactions
Have we determined if the service Is it worth it? The replacement costs aren't bad (significantly less than if I had to rebuild myself). For some reason I feel like after flying the Phantom for the last 6-7 months has primed me to not crash this Mavic within the next 12 months but you never know I guess.

I did it. Paying $100 then $70 for a replacement is not bad. I crashed my P3S, destroyed my camera and had to shell out $250.

I went for it. Might give me the confidence to be a bit more ballsy flying it. It's only £100 if not so not a killer if i don't use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I bought it so that I would be more comfort flying it. It is incredibly solid but I like it so much that I don't want an accident to take it away from me for any period of time. 100 bones seems like a small price to pay for stress free flights

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Same here. Bought it and now I fly it like it's stolen. Lol[emoji12][emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I'm on the fence with DJI Refresh. After reading the FAQ on DJI's website I DO NOT see where it covers operator negligence or just any old crash. It seems to only cover " equipment quality" repairs. Please point me in the right direction if I am incorrect. It sure seems like a waste of money if it covers the exact same things as the 12 month warranty, right? #8 "force majeure" wtf is that!?

DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following:
1) Lost or partially lost aircraft, gimbal or accessories.
2) Stolen, forgotten, or abandoned product.
3) Damage caused by flight under unsuitable conditions.
4) Any replacement request resulting from or following water damage.
5) Remote controller, battery of Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro, and modification accessories.
6) Deliberate losses.
7) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the product.
8) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
9) Replacement requests for damage incurred outside the period of validity.
10) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
11) Damage resulting from modifications that are not in accordance with manual recommendations, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.
12) Damage resulting from the use of third party accessories, batteries or software.

Difference between warranty and DJI Care Refresh:
A product warranty is a guarantee of repair service provided by a manufacturer if any product defects are found. DJI Care Refresh provides replacement service if damage resulting from quality issues occurs to the aircraft, propellers, or battery during normal use. You can still enjoy DJI’s standard product warranty without buying DJI Care Refresh, but DJI Care Refresh can greatly reduce service costs. Furthermore, if the repair costs are covered by the standard product warranty, the remaining Replacement balance on your DJI Care Refresh will not be affected.

what!? Sounds to me like DJI has a way out. I mean what the heck is the difference between "product defects" & "quality issues"!!?? Aren't those two the same thing? Really seems like a waste of money until someone can confirm it's worth. IMO

Could someone take one for the team and crash their Mavic Pro deliberately into a wall and see if DJI will replace it for $79?

Last edited:
I think it's worth it. One hit on a tree can seriously damage the camera.

well that's my point.....where does it say that DJI will replace your drone if you hit a tree? I'm just reading their own words and "under normal conditions" is not "hitting a tree"? right? I'm trying to see where DJI says any old crash is covered because that seems to be what alot of people think.

I got insurance through state farm. For 60$ a year and no deductible. It covers everything ... Crashes, fly always ect.

Reactions: SDJMavic
I think it's a no-brainer, especially for new pilots. It's the better safe than sorry situation.

Mavic - North Bay, CA

well that's my point.....where does it say that DJI will replace your drone if you hit a tree? I'm just reading their own words and "under normal conditions" is not "hitting a tree"? right? I'm trying to see where DJI says any old crash is covered because that seems to be what alot of people think.

If I'm not mistaken, pilot error is covered as long as there is no water damage, and you don't send in a partial drone. Obvious things such as flying on a fully charged battery play into it as well

I have 24 more hrs to decide. I know it's only $99 in the grand scheme of things but man I'll be miffed if I spend the $99, have a bad crash/whatever and they don't cover it. I mean I would definitley fly differently/take bigger chances to get those extreme shots IF I know I'm covered. And in that last statement is where my dilema is as of right now it's NOT clear that I would be covered say flying under a bridge or in a gully (like in their own video) at 30-40mph, miscalculating and crashing. Yes I want to do those types of things

Anyone know if DJI will still do a replacement if there is a security sticker or marker writing on the drone? I assume they are going to refurbish the drone to resell, so I'm curious if having any kind of tracking information on the drone would disqualify a replacement. My guess is they would be replacing the casing when they refurbish one so it shouldn't matter, but I want to be sure.

Oh well I sprung the $99 in hopes it will benefit me in some way. If not in flying confidence maybe in resale value should I decide to let the Mavic go.

I crashed my phantom 3 standard into a basketball backboard, and lost control of the phantom because it broke the props. Had to replace the camera $250, even though it was a minor crash. I really hope they come up with a new gimbal dome that doesn't have so much glare.

I crashed my phantom 3 standard into a basketball backboard, and lost control of the phantom because it broke the props. Had to replace the camera $250, even though it was a minor crash. I really hope they come up with a new gimbal dome that doesn't have so much glare.

Are you flying the mavic with the dome on? From what I understand the dome blocks vents behind the camera and could cause overheating if flown with the dome on.

Sounds like i'm in with the care plan when i get my Mavic, can't go wrong for €119,-

Well it says on the product page.. first section..

Accident occurs..

My take is as long as you are flying in ordinary conditions within the guidelines you are covered on accidents. That's the whole point I though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi