DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles Case?

Anyone been able to purchase the DJI Goggles + Mavic Sling Bag ?

Buy DJI Goggles & Mavic - Sling Bag

medium_87330210-bfaf-4f88-8f2f-a4d9928c819f.jpg

medium_d8f091cc-ea12-400b-9c8f-f42542e53065.jpg

Bit more discussion on the new Sling Bag for Goggles and Mavic here: DJI Goggles & Mavic Sling Bag – Now Available!

They are now IN STOCK and ready to ship. If you'd like to see any specific images of the backpack or have any questions give us a shout. Very nice design.

Monoprice 22" Case. $70 and holds 3 batts, extended antenna, goggles, toolkit, charger, 4 usb cables, spare props, filters, bird/controller, and with room to spare. The pick n' pluck foam is easy to work with. Coming from a military background, it's comparable to the pelican series at 1/3 the cost.

Attachments

• 20170827_123126.jpg
    20170827_123126.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 72
  • 20170827_123020.jpg
    20170827_123020.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 64
Monoprice 22" Case. $70 and holds 3 batts, extended antenna, goggles, RX/TX, and a bunch of accessories with room to spare. The pick n' pluck foam is easy to work with. Coming from a military background, it's comparable to the pelican series at 1/3 the cost.

Are those antennas for the controller?

Get much of an increase with just using those small detachable antennas? Any info on the mod?

Yeah, they give me about 30% more range in my urban environment. Honestly I am so used to tinkering, it was a no-brainer mod. Ordered some RP-SMA cables and some 6db omni-directional antennas and went to town. I had to trim down some of the bracket that holds the screen due to the back of the threaded antenna barrels being so long. Total cost was $10 and about an hours worth of work. Same process for adding any kind of external panel antenna, just utilizing the universal style threaded adapters.

Yeah, they give me about 30% more range in my urban environment. Honestly I am so used to tinkering, it was a no-brainer mod. Ordered some RP-SMA cables and some 6db omni-directional antennas and went to town. I had to trim down some of the bracket that holds the screen due to the back of the threaded antenna barrels being so long. Total cost was $10 and about an hours worth of work. Same process for adding any kind of external panel antenna, just utilizing the universal style threaded adapters.

What did you use for the connector sticking out of the controller? I want a setup where I have connectors on the controller where I can attach a couple small antennas, or connect to a cable with a remote larger antenna mounted on a vehicle.

Clean Install Kit (DJI Mavic Pro)

something like this is what you're after. Just be cognizant of the end as not all screw on type antennas are the same- some are female and some are male. Also, understand running such a small driven current over a large amount of cable(vehicle roof mounted) may require in-line boosters.

Check this out as well if you're not used to working with these kinds of antenna components, the logic is the same:

Understanding antenna gain – RCExplorer

DJI used their in-house antenna for a reason, once you go to messing with new ones you may jeopardize your aircraft even in familiar flying territory. Fly with caution until you see what kind of signal pattern your new setup gives you. I use about 3 different sets of external antennas for varying landcover scenarios. All serve a specific purpose.. i.e. density of vegetation/RF interference/ terrain features. PM me if you have any further questions as not to go off topic here ;)

Check out the antennas from Titan drones

I have seen them but haven't come across anybody using Titan or a comparison between theirs and any other. I was thinking of going with the nanosync, partially because the mount works well.

I have seen them but haven't come across anybody using Titan or a comparison between theirs and any other. I was thinking of going with the nanosync, partially because the mount works well.
Watch this first.

Watch this first.

I have looked at them. That case is way too large for me, the whole advantage with the Mavic is it's small size. Then while their mounting system might be decent if you go all in with them, it really limits what else you can use. I would rather have standard connectors everything uses, and no big plastic brick stuck on my controller. Then their all in one units seem too large and heavy for mounting that far front. I am thinking I would not like the uneven center of gravity an all in one antenna, battery, and amps would add to the controller.

I have looked at them. That case is way too large for me, the whole advantage with the Mavic is it's small size. Then while their mounting system might be decent if you go all in with them, it really limits what else you can use. I would rather have standard connectors everything uses, and no big plastic brick stuck on my controller. Then their all in one units seem too large and heavy for mounting that far front. I am thinking I would not like the uneven center of gravity an all in one antenna, battery, and amps would add to the controller.
The beauty is with this whole set up is that you don't have to use the case all of the time, but you've got the facility on the case to use the powered signal boost. Also it give the option between keeping your portability but gaining versatility also.

Ehh, I'll pass. Looked into TD but realized I could build an amplified field box for less. Cool concept for those not in the DIY realm

Reactions: mavic6611
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13