DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles FINALLY HERE!!!!

Going with what msinger said I am even more confused.
If I follow what DJI is saying is the real function of these goggles and that it is for me to share the experience with another person then the limitation of Gimbal control being relinquished to the Goggles makes no sense!

I am flying the Mavic with my tablet and my wife has on the goggles. we are going between some buildings and she decides to look down. As the pilot I can no longer see where I am going! How is this system supposed to work if the person wearing the googles always has control of the Yaw or the Gimbal?

Rob

LOS

Reactions: Kilrah
Just curious, what's the main difference between this goggle's specs and a VR goggle's specs? FOV and the possibility that the VR can project two different sources on the left and right display? Not sure about headtracking, that too? DJI's goggles has it but it might need some tweaking to use it with other than through Occusync.
3D i.e. different images for each eye, full "cicular" FOV coverage (i.e. not a standard 16/9 rectangular display like here), precise and fast tracking. Ideally referenced positional tracking too, not just relative rotational orientation.

Reactions: hyb

So you fly line of site exclusively in interesting environments with obstacles and thousands of feet away? You must be an ace pilot. That or you're just throwing out LOS b.s. which everyone one knows is a load of crap. Who needs a monitor, just LOS!

Not long to wait now until we find out I guess.

Like you, I'm expecting the 20th, but very happy to be proved wrong... :)

So... wait. What? Are they supposed to ship the 20th or deliver the 20th? I doubt DJI would attempt a guaranteed delivery date.

So... wait. What? Are they supposed to ship the 20th or deliver the 20th? I doubt DJI would attempt a guaranteed delivery date.
No there are people who believe it will start shipping tomorrow. This is because when they contacted DJI, their orders, including mine have an early estimated ship date. Mine is May 8. However when I contacted the rep, he said those are just estimates. They won't actually ship until the 20th. Anyone with an earlier date will have a ship out date on the 20th. So tomorrow we'll find out what's really correct.

Reactions: Merlin23
No there are people who believe it will start shipping tomorrow. This is because when they contacted DJI, their orders, including mine have an early estimated ship date. Mine is May 8. However when I contacted the rep, he said those are just estimates. They won't actually ship until the 20th. Anyone with an earlier date will have a ship out date on the 20th. So tomorrow we'll find out what's really correct.

Ohhh. Yeah I remember people getting similar information from DJI reps during the Mavic fiasco. You would think they would have learned.

So far I am much more satisfied with pre-ordering my goggles than I was with pre-ordering my Mavic. If they ship the 20th then they won't get any complaints from me.

Ah, I thought it said May 8 when I ordered and started to think I imagined it. It may not mean I'll get 'em next week, but at least I'm not going crazy.

Yeah, please fill us in when you get to fly with them. I'm mostly curious about latency, delay in the video. I have standard Fatshark FPV kit, but wondering whether you can really navigate the Mavic with these on.
For sure given that the response is limited more by the Mavic's GPS-only control more than video lag.

Yeah, please fill us in when you get to fly with them. I'm mostly curious about latency, delay in the video. I have standard Fatshark FPV kit, but wondering whether you can really navigate the Mavic with these on.

Navigate, absolutely.

Go racing with them? - No.

Horses for courses as they say.

If you intend to fly a racing quad then the low latency analogue video with its trade off in image quality is the way to go.

If you are flying to enjoy the view and take photos/video then DJI is the better solution.

Well, I was right. Early ship outs are not happening. I haven't gotten a shipping notification.

I also see Best Buy has a pre-order option and they said delivery will be on 5/22. I wonder which would bedelivered first - DJI or Best Buy? If this is like the Mavic (I don't think it will be), people were better off ordering from other sites or after the initial pre-order and got their Mavic in some cases months before the pre-order group. I have orders on at both places. I will cancel once the first shipment notification comes.

Reactions: avanti1963
I also see Best Buy has a pre-order option and they said delivery will be on 5/22. I wonder which would bedelivered first - DJI or Best Buy? If this is like the Mavic (I don't think it will be), people were better off ordering from other sites or after the initial pre-order and got their Mavic in some cases months before the pre-order group. I have orders on at both places. I will cancel once the first shipment notification comes.

New Egg preorder shows 5/31, so go with Best Buy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones