DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GIVEAWAY: DJI Mavic Hard Case by Freewell Gear

I tell myself before each flight: "you aren't as smart or skillful as you think you are. So don't try anything dumb."

Sometimes I even remember that advice while flying!

Reactions: Mjonesy758
Lots of good tips here about flying safe, flying smart. Here's my fav: calibrate your compass before EVERY flight. I see pilots on YouTube that just power up and go, and they even say "I only calibrate my compass after firmware updates" and I think to myself "There goes a future flyway!" :)

Absolutely never under any circumstances mention money or the cost of items when spouses are present. That little rule of thumb will keep you flying much longer.

Reactions: TrayBoz
Curb your enthusiasm, you're not Casey Neistat and you don't have Casey Neistat's money to pay the fines and replace your drone every other week.

Turn off Landing Protection when flying low over water - it will stop it from autolanding against your will. If you forget and it starts to autoland then quickly switch to sport mode - you will then regain control.

Never panic! The pause button is your friend. You can use it during RTH as well if you see things aren't going right.

My favorite tip is... the very first before turning on the Mavic Pro...

Make sure to Remove Gimbal holder, and to never fail on this I did this.

Attachments

• IMG_2721.JPG
    IMG_2721.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
My best advice is: If you lose your compass and/or the DJI program freezes or crashes on your phone just use your controller to count down the distance between you and the Mavic. If the distance is counting up, you are going away from you. If the distance is counting down, you are bringing her home.

Lots of good tips here about flying safe, flying smart. Here's my fav: calibrate your compass before EVERY flight. I see pilots on YouTube that just power up and go, and they even say "I only calibrate my compass after firmware updates" and I think to myself "There goes a future flyway!" :)
Nope..

Tip: buy spare batteries, your life will never be the same once you own a Mavic Pro.

I can certainly agree with the value of the pause button especially when trying out an intelligent flight mode for the first time. At least practise a few times how to get to it in a hurry, because I guarantee that the first time you need to use it you won't have the time to search for it.

My tip

When in doubt, don't fly out! Make sure you understand your settings especially RTH.

Put some [emoji83]kind label print on usb charger cable for remote..
22b305d4a0670527d082502330cf1ca0.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78