DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GIVEAWAY: DJI Mavic Hard Case by Freewell Gear

Smile at people when you're flying. I have found that no one seems angry with me flying around somewhere when I meet their suspicious gaze with a simple smile.
So true :)

Smile at people when you're flying. I have found that no one seems angry with me flying around somewhere when I meet their suspicious gaze with a simple smile.

after every take off, i always smile like an idiot. I hope that because of the flight :rolleyes:

While its not new, Remember to always start with fully charged batterys, as your bird will take whatever charge your battery is at, and call it 100% and countdown from there...this is probably one of the most prevelent mistakes that causes disaster.

Reactions: wcsilva
Favorite and most useful tip was to adjust the gimble settings so the footage looks way better I slowed the pitch to 8!

Take things slow (from learning how to fly, to going through your preflight checklist). If you are rushing, or in a hurry to fly, you are doing something wrong.

ALWAYS KNOW THE STRENGTH AND DIRECTION OF THE WIND .... because when flying with your Mavic a ways out and your battery gets low it is possible that it will drain considerably fast when flying against the wind on your return home or even flying with high winds in general uses more battery consumption.

When trying to capture action footage in the woods, carry around a foldable hand saw to cut away small branches that get in the way. I learned this the hard way...

While its not new, Remember to always start with fully charged batterys, as your bird will take whatever charge your battery is at, and call it 100% and countdown from there...this is probably one of the most prevelent mistakes that causes disaster.

This is not true. These are intelligent batteries, and the Mavic properly computes how much charge is left in the battery when starting at less than full charge. I've done this numerous times.

Lots of good tips here about flying safe, flying smart. Here's my fav: calibrate your compass before EVERY flight. I see pilots on YouTube that just power up and go, and they even say "I only calibrate my compass after firmware updates" and I think to myself "There goes a future flyway!" :)

I calibrated the MP compass 2 or 3 times; only once because the app told me to. 120 or so flights.

I have a new P4P. Haven't calibrated the compass at all. I did do the gimbal and IMU to try to get a better "horizon".

Use your brain (A.K.A read the manual's owner ) follow by practice, practice and more practice.

Reactions: KCVD
Buy a bigger case than is being offered to store all your stuff when you are on a road trip.
IE All batteries, charger, Mavic, controller, cables, iPad, sun shade, UV filters, Mav Mount.

My tip would be use beginners mode for the first month and move on from there.

My favorite tip I received from the site was on how to properly use and understand the radar screen in lower left corner. It's not covered in the manual. Thanks for all the tips

Hiya can you tell me where on site the radar stuff is situated ta
Kevin from York UK

For the love of all that is holy DO NOT FORGET to land slowly if you have disabled the lower posititioning sensors!

When flying over water it's good practice to turn them off to stop false height readings or major drifting if you're above running water and lose GPS.

Twice now my landing muscle memory of hold left stick down for a sweet computer assisted landing has caused my mavic to fire itself at breakneck speed groundward. First time I saved it about 1 inch for slamming into the deck. Second time the poor thing belly flopped into the ground and bounced back to hover. No damage but I had to change my pants...

My tip is if you want to assure that RTH can perform a precision landing, always take off from an area that has a distinguishable feature so that the bottom facing optical sensors can differentiate it from the surrounding area. I always take off from a round orange helipad with a big white "H" in the center of it. The helipad also prevents debris and sand from getting kicked up when the the Mavic powers up. Also, when taking off, hover at about 30 feet for a second before flying away so that the sensors can see and record the take off point. On every RTH that I have performed the Mavic always lands dead center on the helipad.

A slightly inconsequential one for me here, but it's been invaluable to me as I like to have the map unlocked : if you're getting the map/radar rotating around the wrong way thing when applying pitch forward on the rc, just either turn the phone round the other way or leave as wide a gap as you can between the rc and the device. Voila, no more twisting round when pitching forward. It's the magnetometers in the pots which cause the issue.

I often start a flight with batts at 60% and the system seems to know they're at 60%. The voltage is a pretty good indication of the battery level.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78