DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hand catching vs. Landing

Do you hand catch or land?

• Total voters
It depends on the terrain. 70% land on flat surface; 30% hand catch. I fly with "Landing Protection" off so I always have a quick option for recovery. I also catch the craft if the area is too dusty.

After seeing this thready I did my first launch and landing with my hand. Launching it was a bit awkward as I'm trying to click the launch icon on the phone and then slide it over as I'm holding my left hand out. I also had to wait for GPS lock. Landing it was really easy and I didn't disable any of the sensors. I was a bit nervous, but had no issues.

Hi, I recently hand caught and the left stick did not shut it down, in fact, Mavic wanted to return to home as ii was holding it and trying to lift to go home. Unfortunately, i was under a tree at the time as i moved in to get a better shot. Any idea why the stick did not shut down anyone? Also, is there a fail safe kill switch?
this happend to me once too: after a long flight downwind over the sea I just managed to come to shore and we handcaught the drone just the last milisecond before rth because of low battery.
the drone went crazy and wanted to fly home ( up the beach about 6 km).
the drone would not ract to any comands from the RC and we kind of panicked. also trying to shut down the battery did not work
the only way to stop the drone was to really keep a tight hold on it from below and then reach over from top to slide your finger between the with max speed running propellers and release the battery!

I do both hand landed and taken off. Basically i don't want to sit down and take my drone while I could catch it and by the way it looks awesome.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet