DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ken Heron claims RID is cancelled - For Now...

See linked story. Dave Boulder is the head of Safety for FAA. If he said it, you can believe it’s going to happen.
That was a very informative read, thank you. What a lot of posters here don't realize is that there is a lot more going on that they don't know about.

Still not official but we're getting closer for sure. Here's Greg's video:

Greg Reverdiau just released a video stating RID is delayed until next March.
Is he FAA? I've never heard of him and When I clicked the link in post 83 I got an error.

Reactions: Torque
Is he FAA? I've never heard of him and When I clicked the link in post 83 I got an error.
He is the director of The Pilot Institute and far more reliable than Ken Heron. Greg wouldn't post a speculation, if he says it is delayed, I trust him 100%.
The link in #83 works for me.

He is the director of The Pilot Institute and far more reliable than Ken Heron.
Like some of my redneck buddies would say 'I herd dat!' ;) Heron is too much of a sensationalist to suit my taste.

I've heard of the Pilot Institute of course but the only time I ever went there was to use their portal for the TRUST.

Last edited:
He's not FAA but he's pretty reliable so you can count on it at this point. What's important is we don't know how long it is delayed, what parts are delayed, and under what conditions do you get the delay. Is it enforcement, it is a waiver.....Greg in his video even says "...hopefully we get more information soon."

For many of us who fly drones with standard RID, there is no delay or it doesn't matter as much...we are already transmitting.

Also you should visit Pilot Institute more often, great bunch of people, lots of good info there; excellent YT videos.

Last edited:
If you notice, Ken's video title has a ? at the end.
Not on the title frame.

Whether he spells it with one L or two Ls, cancelled isn't the right word. The implementation date is being delayed or postponed, not cancelled.

(He may have explained more accurately in the video. I didn't watch it, but decided to ignore all the rumors and wait for an official word from the FAA.)

Screenshot 2023-09-08 141132.jpg

Not on the title frame.

Whether he spells it with one L or two Ls, cancelled isn't the right word. The implementation date is being delayed or postponed, not cancelled.

(He may have explained more accurately in the video. I didn't watch it, but decided to ignore all the rumors and wait for an official word from the FAA.)

View attachment 167966
Do we have any word yet from an actual FAA reperesentative?

seems like some info was given to attendees in las vegas, with an official announcement to come., per a pilot institute post.

now the question is can we disable remote ID in the DJI software for a few months? I haven't seen yet how DJI is doing this in the recent firmware for supported drones - if in fact its there at all. just havent had time to dig into it.

Edit: oops, sorry seems like this pilot institute info was posted already

Reactions: umanbean
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman