DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

I'm also in Ireland, ordered the combo too (on the 28th at 10:00) direct from DJI. I'm in England next week, but I'm driving over, so the bulk of my cherished P3P is not an issue. The Mavic will be my travelling drone (I have a great job that takes me all over Ireland) and the P3P will be home alone (I'm in the middle of doing a seasonal time lapse over the local woods with it, so it'll not fall into disuse) with one fully charged battery and the other three at 60%. I'm not unhappy with the wait for the Mavic, I reckon that DJI now know if they really stretch the limits of technology, they'll sell millions, and that will spur them on to greater things, I'm waiting for a zoom lens drone, 28 - 200 mm optical zoom would be tasty...
It's funny that your P3P with old tech needs to be registered with the IAA but the Mavic comes in at under 1kg so is exempt, even though it can fly much further and is more capable?!

It's funny that your P3P with old tech needs to be registered with the IAA but the Mavic comes in at under 1kg so is exempt, even though it can fly much further and is more capable?!
Ah, but it's still best to register it,it's perfectly possible to licence a lightweight, legislation can't keep up with DJI, even the IAA, who (iFly technology (Home) reckon are amongst the best aviation authorities on the planet for drone legislation, and they should know looking at their cv.)

Ah, but it's still best to register it,it's perfectly possible to licence a lightweight, legislation can't keep up with DJI, even the IAA, who (iFly technology (Home) reckon are amongst the best aviation authorities on the planet for drone legislation, and they should know looking at their cv.)

I'll still register mine. Best be on safe side. With all the begrudgers sadly in our lovely home country if I had a flyaway the powers at be could still find me through DJI. Interesting fact....I sold one of my P3's and kept the non used one before ordering and I changed ownership on the IAA website but DJI wouldn't register it to the new owner!!
Unreal.
Any Irish lads post us when you get one!!

Fly safe and within the law. Protect our hobby... [emoji482]

Reactions: Alex Baxter
I'm in the process of getting my commercial licence, you never know when an opportunity could arise, although it's 'only' a hobby, albeit a consuming (time and money) one.

Just for info, my order of spare props has just been sent from first person view, just a pity it's not the bundle I have on back order *sigh"

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Just spoke to fpv and they do have the props in stock but still no news on the Mavic.. I kind of hoped they'd just listed the props and were following up with the Mavics but no such luck.

Reactions: mikeroycollins
My fly more combo is on the van for delivery today, it was ordered on the launch day from DJI.

Reactions: mikeroycollins
I'm in the North, currently CAA certified, and now in negotiations with the IAA on what I need to include in my ops manual for a certification based on 'prior experience'. Strange thing is my CAA ops manual was 80 pages, its now down to 35 for my next IAA submission.

For what it's worth, just contacted Amazon who again confirmed that they would ship on the 3rd (Fly more bundle) despite me pushing a little about the potential delivery issues at the moment. We will see what transpires - I have to say that I am taking it all with the proverbial pinch of salt, glass half empty kind of approach though :)

It's here and I still say for the fly more combo they should be shipping out the Mavic Pro first and the batteries later if that is the delay.

Anyway, for those of you waiting I ordered mine on 2016-09-27 16:36:03 (UTC) directly with DJI.

20161031_133543_resized.jpg

It's here and I still say for the fly more combo they should be shipping out the Mavic Pro first and the batteries later if that is the delay.

Anyway, for those of you waiting I ordered mine on 2016-09-27 16:36:03 (UTC) directly with DJI.

View attachment 661
Lucky boy....safe hovering !

I'm still waiting..ordered fly more combo 3rd October with Heliguy

I ordered on the 28th Sept with Heliguy. Never used them before but they sound like a great bunch so happy to stick with them and it arrives when it arrives :)

Amazon UK have pushed out delivery of new orders to 16th November although my order still shows 4th.. Just waiting for the dreaded 'your order has been delayed' email now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LY38V90/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
in an odd way this makes me think that maybe they do know how many they are getting, and when. One thing Amazon do better than anybody else is logistics - it's unlikely that they would have adjusted the new orders ETA, but forgotten to adjust it for existing orders. Seems more likely they know how many they've got coming, and how many are due out.

that's the optimist in me talking. In reality, I'm sure it will just delay because they don't have any.

Thats why I am less worried about Amazone than I was about DJI direct. I suspect (allthough cannot of course in any way claim to know definitives) that Amazon ordered a pile, sold them and is now on the next batch due in - thats the way logically it makes sense - my order is unchanged (still shows 3rd).

in an odd way this makes me think that maybe they do know how many they are getting, and when. One thing Amazon do better than anybody else is logistics - it's unlikely that they would have adjusted the new orders ETA, but forgotten to adjust it for existing orders. Seems more likely they know how many they've got coming, and how many are due out.

that's the optimist in me talking. In reality, I'm sure it will just delay because they don't have any.

Yes, that was what my optimistic view Richard but then the pessimist took over.. :)

The other aspect which concerns me here is that Amazon US appear not to be supplying many/any in the US so I find hard to believe that Amazon UK would be a step ahead of them but who knows.

Whichever way this pans out, we don't have to wait long now to find out.

Amazon UK have pushed out delivery of new orders to 16th November although my order still shows 4th.. Just waiting for the dreaded 'your order has been delayed' email now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LY38V90/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That sucks, but I would still try your local Apple store in early November. My local store had P4s the first day they were available in store and no one was paying them any attention. I just did a quick test flight with mine and wow springs to mind, its worth the wait, no matter how long Where is the WOW thread, and a couple of observations

I'll harass the lads at Heliguy on Monday to see if they have any news but guessing 2nd week more realistic...

Did you have any luck with this? I've tried my best to avoid emailing them since I'm sure they are getting a lot of requests.

It must be so frustrating for them to have a manufacturer/supplier who's not providing any lead-times. If I did that to my clients, I don't think they'd stay my clients for very long.
DJI are very fortunate in the aspect that their products seems to be a step above the rest, will be interesting to see what happens when others do catch up.

That sucks, but I would still try your local Apple store in early November. My local store had P4s the first day they were available in store and no one was paying them any attention. I just did a quick test flight with mine and wow springs to mind, its worth the wait, no matter how long Where is the WOW thread, and a couple of observations

Hmm, it suck even more now.. I felt kind of childish doing this but I had another chat with Amazon and the rep told me that all pre-orders will be revised to 16th November.. I also found out that the guy selling on eBay (linked earlier in this thread) is one of their suppliers ffs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dtcexpress1